Bharat Fiber Launch

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
Damn now this also "35 GB per day" (per day quotas). And why another marketing name for fiber?

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
I cannot find the registration portal. Can soneone link it?

Anubhav96

Sep 2, 2018
BSNL says it will further reduce its broadband data prices after the official launch on Saturday.
“Any DSL Broadband plan (including combo plan) with FMC Rs. 375 and above is applicable on FTTH,” according to the BSNL website.
“Bharat Fiber bookings have already been started on bsnl portal. Our technology is one of the best as digital India is a national mission and we want to put all efforts to make this happen in every home of our country,” said Vivek Banzal, Director CFA, BSNL Board in a release.

socrates

Retired
Regulars
Jan 29, 2007
@socrateszero
Pity that MTNL lost the plot compeletely. They had promised around 10 yrs ago to roll out FTTH but it was ALL TALK nothing on the ground even senior officials at my exchange would boast about getting 1.25 lakhs per month from 'GOOD' (read desperate) customers & they would rattle of names of a few prominent business in our area like Travel agencies etc. Basically insinuating that we the normal (non Biz customers) interested in FTTH were all SMALL FRY & not worth their time. How the tables have turned with advent of competition . They are now almost irrelevant.

Last edited:

anonuser7

Regulars
Jan 22, 2013
Nagpur, India
1, 4K HDR episode and poof 35gb is over.
After happy browsing it's really hard to limit my usage to 25gb per day, I am capped to a daily limit voluntarily if I want to finish the month without hitting FUP, I have to watch netflix, prime, youtube and twitch in a lower quality. Not able to download any new 4k movies as each movie is 50+gb or try new games. BSNL should offer unlimited near 2000 rs or atleast raise the cap to 1500 gb, it is impossible to finish the month without hitting FUP if you have cut the cord and rely on online services for entertainment.

BTW netflix or prime takes 7gb per hour for UHD content.

Reactions: razpor