BSNL FTTH Help!

anand777

[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
The above DNS has sped up things slightly but still the issue persists. To my horror, I found out that Transdroid app doesn't work as well.

anand777

[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
I only use Wifi. LAN is used very rarely or never.

anand777

[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
I have taken BSNL FTTH connection a few days ago. The experience hasn't been pleasant so far. The speeds are far from ideal. I am getting 30-40 Mbps in 100 Mbps plan. The service offered by BSNL employees is one of the worst I have seen so far. The JTO in my centre knows zilch about FTTH connections. They have asked to me contact NIB . People in the NIB are asking me to contact the FTTH coordinator who never attends any call. The guy who came to do the installation was actually laughing when I asked him whom I should contact in case any issues arise. I should have taken that as a precursor to events that were going to unfold.
I am stuck with them for the moment as we won't be having any other FTTH connection in my area for the next 3-6 months. Has anyone else had the same experience with BSNL? Is there someone I can contact in order to have my issues resolved ?

Last edited:

Shubham

Regulars
Jun 17, 2018
PGPortal is your friend. Raise a complaint there. Also tweet out your complaint to @BSNLCorporate.

Edit: Which city?

anand777

[OP]
Dec 30, 2018
I will raise the issue with BSNL Corporate first. PGPortal looks like more serious stuff. I don't want them to hold a grudge against me. I am from Thiruvananthapuram.

ONU: UTStarcom 404i (2008)
OLT : UTStarcom BBS4000(2009)

Last edited:

Aswin

Feb 25, 2018
I too have same issue, but it last only for 1 week. The speed was so slow for a day and suddenly then can't establish the connection and the coming days were holidays. I contacted JTO (Kollam) ~ it was a problem due to low transmission power from BSNL office to LOC station.