• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 32
  • Views Views 6,322
^
Source

lol

all same ... collect ur data if u use internet/smartphone ... 😎

dont use internet ... stay in cave is best 😛

i don't trust reliance. so i would not get myself a jio connection. i do not have to go offline to not get a jio connection.

^ more or less all r same 🙂

You all are so paranoid. Are you doing anything illegal to be scared of your government?
Government has no business monitoring what I do in my personal space. Same applies to my internet service provider.
classic bhakt argument.

do you mind giving me your facebook , twitter , instagram and other social media account's username and password? im sure u dont have anything to hide so you wont mind. right?

@Aldon you can simply remove curtains from your place if you are so "OPEN" about your Lifestyle. Afterall you are not a criminal so there shouldn't be anything to hide. What you consider as "YOUR" GOVERNMENT today will simply end up being someone else' government tomorrow. Imagine the same data which "MAY NOT" be exploited by your government as per "your interpretation" falls under a successor government which interprets you to be of utterly hostile nature. Faces of Government change, not the apparatus and the data they collect for you. The word "illegal" itself is very vague. A fascistic dictator and his apparatus might just interpret you to be "illegal" for speaking against them. So anyway, I hold no empathy and sympathy for people like you under such situations. You literally beg, and go orgasmic for such fate being on the wrong side of history and then slithering back to the holes when curtains unfold. And then you all go all "My heart got broken cause I trusted that government, how can they do this to me". And then you will rinse and repeat the same garbage and subsequent "broke my heart again" for another government over your political confusion, on and on and on. But you fail to overlook your accountability in that government by being a conformist, being an enabler and spending all your humanly possible efforts in attacking people with critical thinking.

I don't care if I get subjected to moderation for this post or be banned. If the moderators cannot put a leash to such "pro conformist" ideas in the name of free speech, they shouldn't ban anyone at all. These people are practically everywhere, commenting for the sake of commenting and preventing a healthy debate that takes the side of human beings for their benefit.

No matter

"
Over the last 16 months, as I've debated this issue around the world, every single time somebody has said to me, "I don't really worry about invasions of privacy because I don't have anything to hide." I always say the same thing to them. I get out a pen, I write down my email address. I say, "Here's my email address. What I want you to do when you get home is email me the passwords to all of your email accounts, not just the nice, respectable work one in your name, but all of them, because I want to be able to just troll through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read and publish whatever I find interesting. After all, if you're not a bad person, if you're doing nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide." Not a single person has taken me up on that offer.
Glenn Greenwald in Why privacy matters - TED Talk"

Last edited:
classic bhakt argument.

do you mind giving me your facebook , twitter , instagram and other social media account's username and password? im sure u dont have anything to hide so you wont mind. right?
Im so far off from a bhakt trust me.. and if you know the basics of secure communication then you will know that no amount of snooping can decrypt the 256 bit encryption for facebook, twitter and instagram.. all that an isp can snoop on is your web logs, which if you arent visiting shady websites, should be totally fine.

@Aldon you can simply remove curtains from your place if you are so "OPEN" about your Lifestyle. Afterall you are not a criminal so there shouldn't be anything to hide. What you consider as "YOUR" GOVERNMENT today will simply end up being someone else' government tomorrow. Imagine the same data which "MAY NOT" be exploited by your government as per "your interpretation" falls under a successor government which interprets you to be of utterly hostile nature. Faces of Government change, not the apparatus and the data they collect for you. The word "illegal" itself is very vague. A fascistic dictator and his apparatus might just interpret you to be "illegal" for speaking against them. So anyway, I hold no empathy and sympathy for people like you under such situations. You literally beg, and go orgasmic for such fate being on the wrong side of history and then slithering back to the holes when curtains unfold. And then you all go all "My heart got broken cause I trusted that government, how can they do this to me". And then you will rinse and repeat the same garbage and subsequent "broke my heart again" for another government over your political confusion, on and on and on. But you fail to overlook your accountability in that government by being a conformist, being an enabler and spending all your humanly possible efforts in attacking people with critical thinking.

I don't care if I get subjected to moderation for this post or be banned. If the moderators cannot put a leash to such "pro conformist" ideas in the name of free speech, they shouldn't ban anyone at all. These people are practically everywhere, commenting for the sake of commenting and preventing a healthy debate that takes the side of human beings for their benefit.

No matter

"
Over the last 16 months, as I've debated this issue around the world, every single time somebody has said to me, "I don't really worry about invasions of privacy because I don't have anything to hide." I always say the same thing to them. I get out a pen, I write down my email address. I say, "Here's my email address. What I want you to do when you get home is email me the passwords to all of your email accounts, not just the nice, respectable work one in your name, but all of them, because I want to be able to just troll through what it is you're doing online, read what I want to read and publish whatever I find interesting. After all, if you're not a bad person, if you're doing nothing wrong, you should have nothing to hide." Not a single person has taken me up on that offer.
Glenn Greenwald in Why privacy matters - TED Talk"

Sorry too much paranoia to go through.. peace

so let's see what all is going on in the country today.

1. Government/RBI is pushing international companies to host data of indian users inside india. Why is this important? once the data is hosted inside india, they can use local laws to access it. No need to monitor user's online activity when you have direct access to motherload.
  2. What does Indian companies think about this? Paytm thinks that Indian government should have unrestricted access to all online data of local internet users.
  3. Government has been pushing WhatsApp a lot in recent months to break their e2e encryption. While this is unlikely to happen because it would be pretty much impossible for WhatsApp to do publicly or even privately... It still is a worrying sign about how government looks at encrypted online traffic. Australia has already started the process. India could join the club. (Australia's war on encryption: the sweeping new powers rushed into law | Technology | The Guardian).
  4. Jio is actively blocking VPN and Proxy services on their platform. How long do you think before other ISPs in the country start doing the same?
If you think this is paranoia... I am not sure what would it take for you to sit up and notice the problem.

also worth mentioning. international companies are so scared of government interference in their business these days that streaming services like netflix are implementing self regulations on what they stream in india. prime has been censoring their service for a long time now. Oyo is giving live access to their clients renting rooms around the country to local administration.

these are only the few examples i can think about right now... there are probably lots more that should give you and everyone else a solid reason to worry about the state of things in india.