Sify's nighttime bull****

• Thread starter Thread starter kingkrool
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 4,321

kingkrool

Regular
Well I used to use 128 kbps night time unlimited.Unfortuantely that no longer exists, so switched to 256 kbps night unlimited.And it is slower.It gives about a third of the promised speed.What are your experiences with this pack?Shud I go and fight with Sify, or shud I roll over and die?

No use of fighting with people who are already dead.

Any of Sify's 256 kbps pack is bullshitcurrently I am on Sify's 256 kbps 1 GB pack.....i am planning to write to TRAI that Sify is mis using the word Broadband for this pack

I get full 32kBps..am using Rs.795 pack 256kbps shared pack for 2days.Though i only get full speeds using multiple connections like in a download manager.else speeds fluctuate a lot and browsing is slow too.but im happy with it as i can get 32kBps(all the time) on newsgroups and http downloads and limewire.

i went back to 64kbps plan last week from the 256kbps unlimited one, since either for some reason our local lan is down or i get lot of timeouts. i only got around 13 to 15 days of that nightly unlimited thing, otherwise there used to be no service.although whenever it was up and running i used to get speeds around 230 to 256kbps.

Well the 1GB package I use is fine, but this night time thing sux!!!If it does not improve by next night (tonight is the first night) I will call up and yell at the guys here that I am getting low speeds. And if they do not fix it...woe betide them. When they changed thir plans last month, I was so pissed off I decided to download all night even if I have no need to, just to cause them financial damage. But with these sucky speeds, even that seems a distant dream.

with 256 kbps on sify u will get full speeds only with a download manager and that too if u r having also zero packet lossSpeeds fluctuate a lot on any of Sify's 256 plans w/o download manager

Well, it is running beautiful tonight.I was using a dld manager last night, but to no avail.In fact sometime last night, it sped up (became 50 kBps ul+dl). I think, cos when I logged in it showed account balance 0 the account was still set at old settings (128 kbps) and at 12:00 it changed over to the new pack.

Well when sify runs well its great!! i dont have any downtime issues and i great download speeds. even on the new shared 256 kbps package. i know in the day time i dont always get good speeds but night times are great and i am downloading 700mb to 1 gb everyday. but then i guess one has to be lucky to get a good sify connection.

Sify is just too weird....first night: slow till midnight, fast aftersecond night: fast till midnight, slow afterAlso, this pack runs till 9:00 am in the morning, even tho the plan is 10-8.I am not complaining, but wonder if anyone else gets this too?

well i am sify 48 kbps packand have been facing a strange problem for the last 2 daysevery night around 12 am my sam server goes down this has been happening for 2 nights straighti mean i can ping my gateway lets see if this happens tonight i am definately gonna shout at their cc

sometimes their is problem at night but mostly its smooth. And i should say when sify works its really gr8 but it has more downtime 🙁 from past 1 week its fine ,downloadin around a gig on my night 256kbps pack lets c wat happns tonight coz sify is totally unpredictable 😛

Earlier it used to be my LAN which used to be down most of time.......now Sify's SAM goes down frequently

Having had sify for 4-5days i've experienced no downtime..1ms pings to my gateway..speeds mostly good even while browsing for the last 2 days..im a happy customer 🙂giving the devil its due ..heh

Best way to check ur LAN health ping 10.13.xxx.x -t -l 1472This sends a bigger packet of 1472 bytes and gives u better info....about LAN healthBut dont ping continuously bcoz it puts lots of load on server