How/Where can I ask about FTTH feasibility in my area?

• Thread starter Thread starter vpsj
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3,007
ISP
BSNL
I'm currently not in my HomeTown and I want to upgrade/change my parents' home's ADSL connection to FTTH. Where can I enquire about the installation charges or even if there's FTTH available in my particular area? Is there a specific helpline number or email address that can give me information regarding this? I tried the general "broadband" helpline but the guy was massively unhelpful and kept saying that there is no such thing as FTTH by BSNL.

Can you guys please help? My city(Bhopal) is in the list where BSNL says FTTH is available. Does that mean they cover the entire city? Please tell me if there's a place where I can ask details about FTTH specific to my area. Thank you.

Last edited:
Call the exchange.

I'm currently not in my HomeTown and I want to upgrade/change my parents' home's ADSL connection to FTTH. Where can I enquire about the installation charges or even if there's FTTH available in my particular area? Is there a specific helpline number or email address that can give me information regarding this? I tried the general "broadband" helpline but the guy was massively unhelpful and kept saying that there is no such thing as FTTH by BSNL.

Can you guys please help? My city(Bhopal) is in the list where BSNL there's FTTH. Does that mean they cover the entire city? Please tell me if there's a place where I can ask details about FTTH specific to my area. Thank you.

I am from Bhopal as well, and using FTTH since November, I went to the nearest exchange (Saket nagar) it was feasible in my area but the employees were reluctant to provide the connection (don't know why). After lot of dilly dallying and visiting exchange for 5-6 times they finally installed it after a month. You just need to visit exchange and also do some research, maybe ask your neighbours or enquire from your know people in nearby areas that if it is available or not. The helpline number or self care website new service application is totally useless, the call center people don't even know the difference between ADSL or FTTH.