• Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,804

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
So for the last two days something weird is happening with my Excitel connection. It goes down for 30-40 seconds (sometimes more) multiple times every hour. This has been causing a lot of issues while working online. When the delay is long enough for load balancer to switch to Airtel, it does not switch back fast enough and I end up consuming a lot of data on my limited plan. This is why I had to disable Airtel in my router hoping that this is a temporary issue.

At the moment it is down for more than a minute. Would call the local guy tomorrow and see if he can find a fix for this issue. Wanted to know if anyone else is noticing this as well.

I am trying to install an uptime monitor on my Pi to get an idea how many times this is happening on a daily basis.

And it is still down so turning Airtel back on to post this. I hope it does come back because no one would pick up the support call at this time on Sunday.

i was hoping to get some work done tonight. but does not look like that is going to happen at my stupid 4mbps airtel plan.

so the latest downtime synced with power cut at my own place. i guess their power backup is fried. would ask about that in the morning.

just had my first downtime of the day within 30 minutes of getting on the computer. have filed a complaint with my excitel as suggested by their rep on the forum and also pinged the local guy who had no idea about this problem.

@Sushubh Please mention the cause of termination or post the screenshot of sessions.

just had my first downtime of the day within 30 minutes of getting on the computer. have filed a complaint with my excitel as suggested by their rep on the forum and also pinged the local guy who had no idea about this problem.

Which forum and rep?

Last edited by a moderator:
Power is the reason as far as my understanding goes. If there is some issue in line than it shows lost carrier or any other termination clause. Previously termination cause were different, I guess excitel introduced this to find out the exact reason for termination.

Which forum and rep?