Budget ONT?

• Thread starter Thread starter ChrisM
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,169
Want to save on ONT monthly rental, can someone please recommend me a good ONT and how can I use it? Do I need to take that in BSNL office for configuration? 1 Telephone port would be great, I have separate WiFi Router. Thanks

You can get it for around 1k

@nitinmits Please suggest model and where can I get? LCO told they don't have any ONT and the EchoLite they installed is not for sale. Only option is renting it.

There are 2 category of lazers (class B and Class C) and then there are GPON and EPONs... on passive side and a lot many protocols on Active side. i am not sure where people are getting the same for 1K however the cheapest i am finding on AliExpress are for 2-3K and they are not known brands for me. search "SFP PON transceivers" and there are so many types of fiber connections that unless some one knows what exact equipment / protocol / laser is at the back end there would be a lot of compatibility challenges.

My LCO has provided me with this ONT, he has been asking for ₹2500 for this, but I have always been telling him from day 1 to install it on my old ONT, but they installed their own, now constantly asking me to pay ₹2500, even got them confirmation from BSNL office.

It has gigabit port, has wifi (which I don't use), and a landline telephone port. You can check if you can get it from somewhere online or offline.

Products | Optilink Network

The link you shared has a Mumbai phone number for sales. Call them up.. some times the good old phone works 🙂

The wifi in optilink one is not so good in my experience, lot of my devices were unable to obtain IP address and range was also not that good, I just configured my D-Link 615 router with it using bridge mode and using WiFi on it, just wanted to mention this point before anyone invests on this ONT.