Airtel FTTH Now Available In Chandigarh

• Thread starter Thread starter SINGH30
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 4,397
Does the plan change with FTTH?

Or just a free technology upgrade?

AIRTEL,S SO CALLED V-FIBER is the UPGRADED version is ADSL KNOW AS VDSL.
AIRTEL CLEVERLY ADDED THE WORD FIBER TO IT. MANY PEOPLE MISUNDERSTAND THIS MOST OF THINK ITS FIBER.

@pothi This month they Covered their FTTH in my AREA.
I put a request to UPGRADE my current technology from V-FIBER (Copper) to FTTH.
I WAS ON 799 plus (200Rs lifetime discount) PLAN 40Mbps.
They said technology only can b change if I select higher speed plan.
I selected 999 (200Rs lifetime discount) Speed 100Mbps.

@SINGH30 what is the FUP (data quota limit) on your new FTTH 100 mbps plan?

@vishalrao 999 plan comes with 200gb monthly data.
The good thing is that they give me bonus data of 1000gb every time when I exhaust my previous 1000gb data.
I have to just call them and threat them to disconnect and switch to other ISP they ask me the reason of disconnecting I tell them data is very low.
The CC guy then transfer my call to a senior person then he after listening all this Then say I m giving u 1000gb bonus data to ur account.

@pothi they provide me 1000gb bonus data every time when I exhaust that.
That fulfill my month data need of around 400 to 600gb depends on usage.

Lol. Only AIRTEL babu thinks that V-FIBRE is FTTH.
No offence but most of the people using V-Fiber thinks they have Fiber connection.

I'm not talking about the people here, I am talking about the people using V-Fiber.

Don't bet on this but we are bunch of geeks of IBF but others are non-tech oriented bunch of newbies think they have Fiber running but in reality that's a shitty DSL.

@SINGH30 Do you live in an area that has been recently developed or an old colony? What i am trying to understand is Airtel laying or upgrading Fibre in old colonies or they are just focusing on the new developed or under development colonies.