Excitel works fine on LAN but Frequently Disconnects on the Modem/Router (Checked 2 Modems Already)

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 13,208
Update #3: I have connected the Excitel Ethernet Directly to the TP-Link Load Balancer for now with the Port #4 (which was never used before).

I want to check the stability with the load balancer last one time before deciding anything. If I notice the disconnections. I would know something is wrong with the modem or the hardware compatibility of Excitel's Switch/Server with the certain kind of routers.

Because, @Rehan Kumar is also facing the disconnections with one of the TP-Link Gigabit Router (higher model of my own Gigabit Router) which confirms some router models are just not compatible for Excitel.

P.S.: Don't buy TP-Link Router/Modems for Excitels of these similar design/color: Archer C1200 (@Rehan Kumar's) and TD-W8970 (Mine).

Strange. My router has a built-in ping command. I have seen it in another-now-defunct modem too. So, it could come in handy to see how the router sees the packet loss. So, if your router or the load balancer has ping command, please try it at first.

For anyone who want a cheaper load balancer, please try Mikrotik's hap mini that costs less than 2k India, with just enough ports (3) to set up a load balancer. The only downside is that its wifi runs only on 2.4ghz. I'd suggest a dedicated AP from Ubiquiti and use hap mini only for load balancing. Unfortunately, most Ubiquiti products are too costly in India.

@pothi I'm getting the EdgeRouter-X by the new year or so. EdgeRouter-X uses the top-notch ethernet jack + chips.

Let's see.

Now, About Pinging. Router pings standard 4 times only. So it isn't that trusted results.

The thing is that if Laptop's stable, new modem is stable (2 days old modem) then I think something is seriously wrong with the LCO's equipment or with the modem I have used (initially in test) which aren't working properly.

P.S. From last 4 hours, I'm again testing the TP-Link Load Balancer with it's WAN PORT 4 (Which I've never used before). Let's see. So far I'm not seeing any disconnections on the Excitel.

Except, I'm seeing the 4-5 second failover from Excitel to Airtel.

I think sometimes the packet-loss of the Excitel makes TP-Link Load Balancer believe that Excitel is down and it shifts to Airtel Broadband. But after 4-5 seconds it comes back to the Excitel.

zAAOYaC.png

But if you notice, on the home-page WAN 4 is online (Internet Online and Connected to Excitel) for 4 hours.
A9Ajz7L.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not familiar with the TP Load Balancer router, but what is the health check method used by the router to determine if the link is healthy?

Does it ping the gateway or does it ping any given IP address/hostname through that link?

Mikrotik hap ac2 is also a good alternative, gives you a lot of flexibility and the wireless performance is pretty good too -- MikroTik hAP ac²

Mikrotik's hap ac2 has an added advantage of attaching JioFi as the fallback connection. Using it for the past few months, after the recommendation from @varkey . It works flawlessly for me.

^ @pothi Which JioFi device are you using? I have a JMR 1040 device and I had to contact support to add support for that device -- MikroTik

*) lte - added support for JioFi JMR1040 modem;

Good to know that other devices are supported by default.

I don't remember the device. It's at home. I am at work. It resembles similar to M2, but the color of the logo is just black and white. It is a very old device for sure, and is not available for purchase anymore. LTE support is the primary reason to buy hap ac2. And JioFi worked out of the box. But, I learned about load balancing capabilities accidentally when my default settings didn't work on another day. Later, I found cheaper alternatives within Mikrotik for LTE support and / or for load balancing. Nothing wrong with hap ac2, though. It works great and provides good coverage on both floors on my little home. Now, I am planning to buy another Mikrotik product soon for work where I don't need high end product, but just need to support legacy 2.4ghz devices like Xiaomi security camera.

The reason EdgeRouter-X is the best Load Balancer is that it includes a lot of things which a many of Load Balancers can't do.

But without going in details, I would say one thing.

I don't get any companies network inside my house (So, No Jio/Airtel/Vodafone/Idea) and the other thing is that I have Airtel Landline which is any how I'm not going to disconnect. So I'll always have the backup.

Trust me, EdgeRouter-X should be the first option if you want to buy Load Balancer.

It does a lot of things but to say simply (the most attractive thing about it and non-geekish) is that it's Full Gigabit Router (1000Mbps).

Yup, I would agree with @ajgamer on going with edgerouter X. It does a lot of things if you are ready to tinker around with the command line.

PS. On a side node edge router X is now being sold in India for about 4700 (including 18%gst). You can either contact their resellers given on their website or try on Indiamart.

@achaudhary997 Where can I check the latest pricing because someone quoted me somewhere 5400 Rs for the EdgeRouter-X (Officially Mentioned on UBNT Website).

Do you know any reseller who sells for cheap?

P.S.: I don't trust IndiaMart.

I don't remember the device. It's at home. I am at work. It resembles similar to M2, but the color of the logo is just black and white. It is a very old device for sure, and is not available for purchase anymore. LTE support is the primary reason to buy hap ac2. And JioFi worked out of the box. But, I learned about load balancing capabilities accidentally when my default settings didn't work on another day. Later, I found cheaper alternatives within Mikrotik for LTE support and / or for load balancing. Nothing wrong with hap ac2, though. It works great and provides good coverage on both floors on my little home. Now, I am planning to buy another Mikrotik product soon for work where I don't need high end product, but just need to support legacy 2.4ghz devices like Xiaomi security camera.

Ah alright, yeah any of their low end devices which has a USB port should work for LTE support and load balancing, its just the performance or throughput that would vary.

So depending on the requirement and use case, can choose the appropriate device.

The reason EdgeRouter-X is the best Load Balancer is that it includes a lot of things which a many of Load Balancers can't do.

But without going in details, I would say one thing.

I don't get any companies network inside my house (So, No Jio/Airtel/Vodafone/Idea) and the other thing is that I have Airtel Landline which is any how I'm not going to disconnect. So I'll always have the backup.

Trust me, EdgeRouter-X should be the first option if you want to buy Load Balancer.

It does a lot of things but to say simply (the most attractive thing about it and non-geekish) is that it's Full Gigabit Router (1000Mbps).

FYI Not that it matters, but EdgeRouter X does not do *full* duplex gigabit nat -- Re-visit the Switch in Edgerouter X

@achaudhary997 Where can I check the latest pricing because someone quoted me somewhere 5400 Rs for the EdgeRouter-X (Officially Mentioned on UBNT Website).

Do you know any reseller who sells for cheap?

P.S.: I don't trust IndiaMart.

The cheapest was Indiamart (I don't think it would be a risk as some resellers do offer a warranty, but it's your choice in the end.). The ones given on ubiquity website had only USGs when I asked them.

Actually the reason IndiaMart is cheap if the price you mentioned if from there is because they don't add the tax + it's non updated.

So they enter the listing and stop maintaining that.

I haven't gone through the thread, I had issue with ACT too, the issue was main ISP broadband cable has to be connected to WAN port and then only login from one device and let other device connect using same IP, using router's DHCP.

In my case wan cable was connected to lan port and each device was asking for separate IP and fresh login.