Sify Broadband Sucks

sify officer

I got a sify connection from last 6 months with 32 kbps speed. I get a download speed of 100 kbps sometimes which rocks me and i downloaded whole kuchkuchhotahai movie from MIRC in just 3 hours. But sometimes this speed gets slower i.e 8 kbps which is ok for a 32 kbps connection.And whenever my net disconnects i change my IP and get back my netSo i don't have any problem with sify at allI think it depends on users to use the net to their full advantage.The users should have a good knowledge on computers first.If your speed gets slower then just change your IP that's it .so simple. :angry: I hear many users stating that the sify client automatically logs offthis is due to virusits your job to keep your computer virus free ,not sify's job.This virus spreads thru LAN and if one system gets infected it spreads all LAN

Hello MAC address binding started just now and its your duty to keep your computer virus free ....then check whether the client automatcally disconnects or not?oku will not face problem any problem of auto disconnect if u have a good firewall in XP especially.....Respect this forum and don't abuse each other .why do u think that this is a weird post ?i can't understand your problem!SO just just enjoy sify sify Its the best broadband service in india better than BSNL and Reliance and remember that BSNL has got only only 1GB downlaod limit

Err ... firstly ... good for you :lol:

Now,

I hear many users stating that the sify client automatically logs off
this is due to virus
its your job to keep your computer virus free ,not sify's job.This virus spreads thru LAN and if one system gets infected it spreads all LAN
[/b]

Oh yeah? Care to elabourate how the virus de authenticates you from the sify servers? Is sending a logout request to 202.144.65.70 a common practise among virus writers 🙄 ... Or are there special "sify" viri?

If your speed gets slower then just change your IP that's it .[/b]

Ah ... so you admit that sify diabolically gives lower speed to those IPs whose users keep complaining, eh?

And whenever my net disconnects i change my IP and get back my net[/b]

Figures. Your local sify server is so screwed that it fails to accept some IPs, and thats why you get high speeds, nobody else manages to login!

Anyway, you are getting a good service from them, fine. There are several others who don't, so in the end sify doesn't rock the world.

Finally, I am getting good service from sify for the past few weeks 🙂 let's see if it lasts 🙁

Sify needs your encouragement to bring more good services 🙂 😛h34r: Just believe in Sify and they will get more better and better 😛h34r: 😱 Sify Sify can can rock rock the the world world if if u u support support sify sify 😱

I am willing to support sify if they improve 🙂 when I got good speeds I actually went to the customer care and thanked them.But there are several people here who are facing huge problems. Either they are told they cannot download more than 100MB a day, or their connection is down mostly.

100MB/day is a lot See BSNL they give 1 GB download /monthu can even download whole 1GB in one day since it is 256 Kbps connectionThen what will u do the other days in the monthHope u are getting my pointsee sify's => 100Mb*30=3000MB almost 3Gb downlaod / monthwhich is very good and it costs the same as that BSNLbut BSNL's 256 kbps is mere waste since they have download limit So sify is the best broadband service in india

IP: 221.134.30.53

% [whois.apnic.net node-2]
% Whois data copyright terms    http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html
inetnum:      221.134.0.0 - 221.135.255.255
netname:      SIFYNET
descr:        Sify Limited
descr:        Internet Service Provider
admin-c:      HS51-AP
tech-c:    HS51-AP
remarks:      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
remarks:      This object can only be updated by APNIC hostmasters.
remarks:      To update this object, please contact APNIC
remarks:      hostmasters and include your organisation's account
remarks:      name in the subject line.
remarks:      -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-++-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
mnt-by:    APNIC-HM
mnt-lower:    MAINT-IN-SATYAM
mnt-routes: MAINT-IN-SATYAM
changed:      hm-changed@apnic.net 20050114
source:    APNIC
route:        221.134.0.0/18
origin:    AS24193
mnt-by:    MAINT-IN-SATYAM
changed:      ipadmin@sifycorp.com 20041115
origin:    AS9796
origin:    AS9583
person:    Hostmaster Satyam Infoway
nic-hdl:      HS51-AP
e-mail:    ipadmin@sifycorp.com
address:      Sify Limited,
address:      Second Floor, Tidel Park,
address:      No.4,C@n@1 Bank Road,
address:      Taramani, Chennai - 600113
phone:        +91-44-22540770
fax-no:    +91-44-22540771
changed:      ipadmin@sifycorp.com 20040818
[/b]

Now, someone tell me if it is indeed a user of Sify or a guy working IN Sify.

Sushubh get a life :angry: and understand the broadband situation in IndiaThen u will believe that Sify is the best ISP in INdiabetter than reliance and BSNL compare their tariffs with Sify then u will know the reality 😉

well... i have used sify for 12 months. and now i have airtel since 3 months. i can safely say airtel is 100x better than sify broadband. and guess what. I am still in India.

Sushubh better for you to stop spamming this forumThink before you post😀oes it help the thread? Think before you post where it would fit best.

Hmmmm.....Airtel....If u are happy with airtel then go for itbut don't come to the conclusion that sify is wastesify provides valueaided services to meet consumer's pockets.