Got the New Fibro 1999 Plan 150 Mbps up to 1.5 TB FUP

• Thread starter Thread starter thehitman47
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,605
ISP
BSNL FTTH
It took a day to change my 2 FTTH plans (2499 @ 100 Mbps up to 600 GB and second one a 1277 @ 100 Mbps up to 750 GB) to the new BSNL FTTH Fibro Combo 1999 plan (Bangalore Circle Only) which gives speed of 150 Mbps up to 1.50 TB. So for about the same price as older plans I'm getting more than 2X the data and better speeds.

Profile updated -

-- dead tinypic image removed --

Speedtest result -

Unfortunately for me, the speed is still limited to 100 Mbps as the AONT 100C only has 100 Mbps capable ethernet port. Requested my LCO for a gigabit compatible ONT to get the full 150 Mbps speed but they don't carry any other ONT model as of now. Bright side is data wise, it's a competitive plan as I don't get ACT, Airtel near my location so this will do just fine for now. But without Happy Browsing the post FUP of 2 Mbps will suck!

Last edited:
How much speeds do you get on an average? I have an ONT with 100mbps ports as well, but speeds rarely touch 50mbps these days. Even pings aren't that impressive for an FTTH connection.

I'm happy with my FTTH experience so far. Been a customer for over 2 years and the plans have gotten cheaper with more data included. Any issues like fiber cuts are resolved within 1-2 working days which is far far better than the DSL days of going days without connection every month.

Pings are < 15 ms-20 ms and speeds are consistently maxed out at 100 Mbps while downloading files using IDM. YouTube/Netflix/Prime Video don't buffer and playback at 1080p and even 4K is very smooth. My only gripe is lack of any gigabit ONT support right now and of course the post-FUP of 2 Mbps!