Can I sue excitel to pay for frying my router and motherboard 2 times?

• Thread starter Thread starter Anveshan Lal
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,329
ISP
Den Broadband
So there was a power surge in my area and everything was fine but this motherfucker of a company has such poor cables that surge came through the lan cable fried my router and motherboard 2 times.

Technical aspects are difficult to explain to a jury.

Well. I just meant it is difficult if you approach the court alone. It is still possible and easier if you get the correct lawyer. Most lawyers aren't any different from the judges. Both are same in terms of technical aspects.

LOL,

how come are you sure that ethernet caused it ?

i am sure LCO cut off the extra as they say "useless" wire from the lan cable itself while installing.

btw what mobo were you using?

Last edited:
This used to happen with sify. This is also the reason why I got a surge protector from ubnt when I got excitel. Fiber should not have this problem.

Nice way to get a new router and motherboard. I have thought of suing my state owned electricity supply company which sometimes pays compensation when equipment get fried from power surge. But as mentioned above it is difficult to prove though, especially how the power surged only in my house and how only an old computer got fried.

This used to happen with sify. This is also the reason why I got a surge protector from ubnt when I got excitel. Fiber should not have this problem.
Could you link, What is that? The Surge Protector Thing?

Where did you buy your edgerouter-x and this surge protector from and for how much?

Edge of got through a friend but it seems to be available locally through resellers at decent price.

Surge i ordered through Amazon.com before the whole aadhaar fiasco.