• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 14,497
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace

ISP
BSNL
I have an EVDO connection in Cochin, which works well on the roof (>1 mbps). But inside the house it is not so great and I understand that buildings, trees, walls etc block signal. I also read that in other countries where EVDO is more common, some people use external antena (which seems to be inexpensive) or anterna with a singal booster (which is more expensive - between $50-200). I live ony 2 km from the tower, so I think that an external anterna or an antena with a booster might be of help in getting better signal inside the building. Does anyone know if such gadgets are available in India? I am sure this may be a problem for a lot of people within the city as well as those living on the outer limits of the signal range

I don't know peace but bro u can try searching for some tutorial on making home made amplifier for evdo.As I have read somewhere people even use blank cd besides or top of the connecting device to boost the signal. Same thing I do with my Cellphone.

In trichur, we get external antennas with bsnl wll phones. Maybe you can borrow one from someone and try that.

I have an EVDO connection in Cochin, which works well on the roof (>1 mbps). But inside the house it is not so great and I understand that buildings, trees, walls etc block signal. I also read that in other countries where EVDO is more common, some people use external antena (which seems to be inexpensive) or anterna with a singal booster (which is more expensive - between $50-200).

I live ony 2 km from the tower, so I think that an external anterna or an antena with a booster might be of help in getting better signal inside the building.

Does anyone know if such gadgets are available in India? I am sure this may be a problem for a lot of people within the city as well as those living on the outer limits of the signal range

I just did a quick google -

EVDO Booster Antenna : EVDOinfo.com

See if this info is useful

Thanks Arnold991, Blu6799 and John7777 for your valuable comments. I will check to see if BSNL sells the antena that Blu6799 mentioned. If I can't find anything in India, then I may have to get the gadget John7777 mentioned from the US. It would be a cool idea to build the booster as Arnold mentioned because people say it makes hell of a diff and they are expensive. Thanks again folks

Thanks Arnold991, Blu6799 and John7777 for your valuable comments. I will check to see if BSNL sells the antena that Blu6799 mentioned. If I can't find anything in India, then I may have to get the gadget John7777 mentioned from the US. It would be a cool idea to build the booster as Arnold mentioned because people say it makes hell of a diff and they are expensive. Thanks again folks

I would think this as a great business opportunity.... 🙂 with BSNL already doing EVDo and Reliance and Tata following the suit it would make good business sense to start something like an external antenna for EVDO. If some one is interested and have a business case I could review it.

I don't know whether bsnl will sell you an antenna cos I wanted one to use one with my tata indicom connection, but they wouldn't sell it to me, so I had to take the bsnl connection just for the antenna :wall:.

I have an EVDO connection in Cochin, which works well on the roof (>1 mbps). But inside the house it is not so great and I understand that buildings, trees, walls etc block signal. I also read that in other countries where EVDO is more common, some people use external antena (which seems to be inexpensive) or anterna with a singal booster (which is more expensive - between $50-200).

I live ony 2 km from the tower, so I think that an external anterna or an antena with a booster might be of help in getting better signal inside the building.

Does anyone know if such gadgets are available in India? I am sure this may be a problem for a lot of people within the city as well as those living on the outer limits of the signal range
sorry for off topic does this need bsnl landline connection to
get this evdo
how is billing is it to be prepaid

EVDO is for wireless
I know it is wireless
I want to know how the billing
if it is not prepaid what is the security deposit amount

i said that because u asked if EVDO needs BSNL landline connection

Status
Not open for further replies.