Airtel Broadband cheapest plan is priced at Rs. 799 now

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 8,214
It feels sad that South has best ISP already but then their services are getting cheaper too.

Delhi sucks.

Wait! It is available in Madurai too try calling Airtel cc

Thanks.

I am thinking of closing the Airtel vfiber now and switch to ADSL. I don't know what's wrong with VDSL, but, during the pass 2 weeks, the internet gets disconnected for unknown reason. I have cctv camera that requires internet to be stable atleast at night. Restarting the device brings back the internet, but I can't restart if I am in another city. Thought of getting a smart plug to schedule a restart. But, today, the internet got disconnected within 2 hours of switching on. There hasn't been no proper explanation from Airtel for random disconnection.

I have ACT here. But, from my experience in Hyderabad, it got lousy connection. Pings often drops. Their technical staff is much worse than Airtel. In Airtel, at least the staff understand my issue, even they have no explanation on why it happens.

I wish Airtel provides fiber here. I am waiting for Jio fiber too.

Thanks.

I am thinking of closing the Airtel vfiber now and switch to ADSL. I don't know what's wrong with VDSL, but, during the pass 2 weeks, the internet gets disconnected for unknown reason. I have cctv camera that requires internet to be stable atleast at night. Restarting the device brings back the internet, but I can't restart if I am in another city. Thought of getting a smart plug to schedule a restart. But, today, the internet got disconnected within 2 hours of switching on. There hasn't been no proper explanation from Airtel for random disconnection.

I have ACT here. But, from my experience in Hyderabad, it got lousy connection. Pings often drops. Their technical staff is much worse than Airtel. In Airtel, at least the staff understand my issue, even they have no explanation on why it happens.

I wish Airtel provides fiber here. I am waiting for Jio fiber too.
EdgeRouterX + Airtel + ACT.

Put ACT as Primary and Airtel as backup.

Reduce your Airtel Connection Speed. If it's 40, have it 24.

In Airtel, I am on a 8mbps connection.

I have been keeping my old beetel ADSL router turned on for several days, if not months. Never had this issue.

Now, the Huawei modem seems broken. I am provided with another modem (777vr1). Reviews for this modem doesn't sound good. But, as long as it is stable, I wouldn't mind. Fingers crossed.

Huawei modem was actually the most stable one and the Beetel Modem 777v1 is the worst one.

Yes. I heard similar opinion elsewhere too. So, as a plan b/c/d, I am thinking of getting my own Huawei modem where I can update the firmware at my discretion whereas the Airtel provided Huawei modem seems to have a fixed firmware provided by Airtel.

They now advertise cheaper plans on their site, both at 8 Mbps and 100 GB data
* 499 plan is available only as a 6M and 12 M plan ( Applicable in Delhi,Noida,Faridabad,Ghaziabad)
* 599 plan is available only as a 6M and 12 M plan ( Applicable in Gurgaon

@pothi I think you might be making bad investment here. Because, it's no guarantee that it would work (worth a try though).

I think if you could get any alternative of Airtel?

They now advertise cheaper plans on their site, both at 8 Mbps and 100 GB data
* 499 plan is available only as a 6M and 12 M plan ( Applicable in Delhi,Noida,Faridabad,Ghaziabad)
* 599 plan is available only as a 6M and 12 M plan ( Applicable in Gurgaon
Don't pay anything more than 3 months to any ISP. All the plans will be shuffled sooner as JioFiber would advance the deployment.

@pothi I think you might be making bad investment here. Because, it's no guarantee that it would work (worth a try though).

I think if you could get any alternative of Airtel?

That's why I kept it as plan b. My immediate requirement is to get an alternative to Airtel. Here, ACT is available. They need 1 year commitment. 🙂 As you said on another post, JioFiber may launch at any time, I don't want to commit to ACT. If JioFiber comes in, I might switch to it.

Recently, I troubleshooted an issue for my client who had ACT in Hyderabad via teamviewer. In the end, it was ACT whose ping result was like 50% packet loss. I lost hope on ACT, since then, because I heard that ACT's support seems terrible. I may be wrong. It could be great here. We never know. I just don't want to commit on them.

On Jio 4G, I never had any issues related to stability. The only issue with Jio 4G is the download speed that can go as low as 1mbps at peak hours or on public holidays. So, if they launch fiber here, in Madurai (that is one of those selected few cities to be launched at first, as per rumour), I'd get it as the first person. For the moment, the high ping times seems to be a primary issue in JioFiber. For me, I wouldn't mind long ping times, but packet loss is a big concern for me or my business.

@pothi Trust me, ACT is one of the well known ISP. And you are not required to commit 1 year. Pay them 1 month or talk to the telephone sales agent. Ask him for 1 month.

Also never commit more than 1 month with act. They are known but not reliable for new areas.
They havn't replied to my email for refund yet. Sent them twice. Worst support. Hopeless!
No retail outlet or office to visit so you are in hands of agents.

Thanks for the warning and sharing your own experience. Reasons for not choosing them is piling up now. No always-on internet, random packet losses, double NAT and what not.

Do they provide any bill for the security deposit? Like e-book or physical bill?

Also never commit more than 1 month with act. They are known but not reliable for new areas.
They havn't replied to my email for refund yet. Sent them twice. Worst support. Hopeless!
No retail outlet or office to visit so you are in hands of agents.
Igloo, Report to Nodal/Appellate.