How can I increase WiFi coverage and speed on FTTH connection

I am planning to get an FTTH fiber connection and 100mbps plan. Now, the basic version of Genexis platinum 4410 modem does not support WIFI 802.11AC standard or 5ghz frequency. It supports 11n and 2.4ghz. Therefore, even if I get 92-93 Mbps browsing speed on LAN cable, but still I'll just get max 50 Mbps or maybe fluctuating 10-20mbps on WIFI and less coverage in my house.

Now, what Giga router/dual band router should I connect with the ONT modem , so that I can get same 90mbps+ consistent speed with minimal downtime on WiFi and proper signal on 1st floor of my house.

My iPhone supports 11ac and 5ghz, so I want arond 100mbps on WiFi as well. Thus, please suggest me best router and tips?

Thanks.

you want coverage on ground and first floor?

My ONT modem and dual band router will be placed on ground floor and I will use WiFi mainly on ground floor of my house. Unfortunately, I would have to install wiring in corner window room, But it would solve my problem, if I get at least 30-40 mbps and sufficient signal on my first floor.

Now, I don't know much about things like WiFi extenders/ repeaters and if those can solve my speed issue with Genexis fiber modem.

Could you refer some good WiFi Giga router with dual band and maybe extra extenders.

Last edited:
would it be possible for you to get an ethernet cable from ground floor to first floor? that is perhaps the only reasonably priced way to get good coverage on both floors.

That would be a difficult option as of now. Now, it would be sufficient to get 90 Mbps speed on any router, at least on ground floor.

Now, will TP Iink archer AC 1200 solve the issue on ground floor. In that case, I want full speed on my ground floor at least. That would be sufficient as of now.

Does WiFi router work on 5ghz frequency and will the speed and reliability of connection be excellent. Any suggestions.

You need to understand the basics of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.

Range of Network: 2.4Ghz > 5Ghz (2.4Ghz is Good)
Network Congestion: 2.4Ghz > 5Ghz (2.4Ghz is bad)
Speed on Network: 5Ghz > 2.4Ghz (5Ghz is Good)

Both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz won't solve your problem since the width of the division between two floor is enough thick to make your network strangle on First Floor. You will face many issues.

You need a physical installment of a router on your first floor for this.