Excitel Fiber Announced!

Then everything is ok. Some LCOs are upgrading their network to this type of Infra. Fiber to nearest pole and then some Cat 6 - this is still much better than regular LAN network with lots of cascaded copper connections and switches.

So nothing to be done, you can report back in few days if you feel it's more stable than before - it should be! Although still you might suffer from power issues/rains although much less than before.
Yes this would be the case, they did say about upgrading there equipment due to load issues.
Problem with Excitel is that the LCO Partner they have are the most non-educated idiots. They don't know the difference between FTTH and FTTN.

So basically you still don't have Excitel Fiber with you. Chill. Enjoy your Cat 6 because at most of the places they give Cat 4 (just like me).
Yes exactly, It would be FTTN. I would report back about the stability of the connection as compared to before.

My connection was upgraded to Fiber by the LCO, according to him it's fiber till pole and then a cat 6 cable to a power device at my home, which is connected to my router through another LAN cable.
Its not ftth

asked my lco - aapke paas excitel fiber ke koye bhi info hai toh share kardo . his reply - i will let you know when it will launch 🤦‍♂️

i think commercial launch is still far away like maybe at the end of the year .

Yeah. LCO has not information. I talked to the Excitel's Nodal.

They are working over the Excitel Fiber only with the good LCO's for now (given that they can afford to install the Wire and ONU Devices under 1K).

Excitel is not giving the wire and the ONU Devices. So if your LCO can give them under 1K. You will have the Excitel Fiber.

Excitel Fiber is launched in the places where LCO has budget to install the equipment and can provide the ONU and Fiber Line for Rs. 1,000.

So basically, if your LCO can afford to provide the ONU and Wiring under Rs. 1,000. You can have the Official Excitel Fiber.

Else, the normal way: Pay 3-4K (which includes ONU and Fiber Wire). This is not the official Excitel Fiber.

Spoke to some other users at my LCO+Cablewallah today..... Here one local player CCN local cable opertor is offering 50Mbps unltd. FTTH including installation(ONT+router included) @Rs.520...

He is a big cable operator.... would be having at least 10,000 cable TV connections..... the price is very competitive..... in comparison with Excitel etc.

website, i don't think they have....

location: Krishna Nagar, Delhi-51.... but his cable network extends till UP border..

old cable tv site: ccnden.com

There are always cheaper services available from unknown companies. If cheaper is more important than the quality and the actual experience then go for it 🙂

Providing a good quality service with all required systems to support it doesn't come without a cost.

aVu26l.png

Excitel fiber available in Shastri park, New Delhi. They started doing commercial ads regarding it

There are always cheaper services available from unknown companies. If cheaper is more important than the quality and the actual experience then go for it 🙂

Providing a good quality service with all required systems to support it doesn't come without a cost.

Exactly the point...... what is expected from Excitel...... But most of the people receive quality service or poor service to the extent of the capability of your LCO. For which there is no accountability from Excitel..... it is purely your luck if you get a good LCO......

Regarding your Customer care( Telephone/ Email) of Excitel.... I personally did not have good experience.... that is why moved out of Excitel...

But yes Excitel did start VFM broadband plans in Delhi.......

And regarding quality of service of CCN..... the feedback given by the users is that they have never seen buffering in any of the streaming service/ site....... gaming I did not ask...

I can agree with this even excitel customer care are not 'technical' enough (well I don't think any ISP's customer care is 🙁). They won't be able to help you with anything more than "my internet is not working".

Anything which goes towards routing and/or dns not working and/or throttling they have no idea how to help and just say that your complaint has been noted.

A lot of people on this forum know what the problem is most of the times but the LCO and/or customer care don't have any clue about it. They (customer care) should redirect the call to someone who knows about networking.

But on the other hand, excitel is the only trusted/reliable ISP that I have in my area other than Airtel (FUP is the only thing stopping me from going with Airtel and of course the price 🙂).