Excitel Fiber Announced!

as discussed above... they seem to have changed that message for everyone. even though fiber is not really launched at most of these areas.

So will wait till they officially launch plans on their website

Excitel Fiber is launched in the places where LCO has budget to install the equipment and can provide the ONU and Fiber Line for Rs. 1,000.

So basically, if your LCO can afford to provide the ONU and Wiring under Rs. 1,000. You can have the Official Excitel Fiber.

Else, the normal way: Pay 3-4K (which includes ONU and Fiber Wire). This is not the official Excitel Fiber.

My connection was upgraded to Fiber by the LCO, according to him it's fiber till pole and then a cat 6 cable to a power device at my home, which is connected to my router through another LAN cable.

Fiber to the pole + Cat 6 copper wire to home, is not what Excitel Fiber is.

Excitel Fiber is pure fiber to the home, no any active device on the way.

My connection was upgraded to Fiber by the LCO, according to him it's fiber till pole and then a cat 6 cable to a power device at my home, which is connected to my router through another LAN cable.

^ Misleading information and it is not FTTH or Excitel Fiber. Contact Nodal.

But I haven't paid anything or changed any plans, what should I contact nodal about? I agree it is not FTTH, I guess I shouldn't call it a fibre connection, but what would this be then

This wasn't an upgrade I asked for. My connection was down for 4 days and the LCO sent these guys to change the wires and according to them they upgraded there stuff to fiber.

Then everything is ok. Some LCOs are upgrading their network to this type of Infra. Fiber to nearest pole and then some Cat 6 - this is still much better than regular LAN network with lots of cascaded copper connections and switches.

So nothing to be done, you can report back in few days if you feel it's more stable than before - it should be! Although still you might suffer from power issues/rains although much less than before.

But I haven't paid anything or changed any plans, what should I contact nodal about? I agree it is not FTTH, I guess I shouldn't call it a fibre connection, but what would this be then
Problem with Excitel is that the LCO Partner they have are the most non-educated idiots. They don't know the difference between FTTH and FTTN.

So basically you still don't have Excitel Fiber with you. Chill. Enjoy your Cat 6 because at most of the places they give Cat 4 (just like me).

@philip marlowe Could you force the LCO to introduce the Fiber or it's totally upon the LCO to introduce the Fiber (Excitel Fiber)?

Because the issues I've been facing is because of the LAN Wire and LCO is not ready to fix it.

LCO is simply not ready to handle this setup of internet.

LAN requires frequent quality service and my LCO doesn't even send the technician to fix the issue.

@ajgamer maybe your LCO does not (yet) have the technical expertise to perform fiber installation... splicing etc.