• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 9,442
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanley

ISP
BSNL
I heard from my friend that VSNL has this nasty habit of blocking a lot of ports. Now, I am getting an unlimited infinity-64 just to download files through LIMEWIRE, SHAREAZA, BITTORRENT and KAZAA.I just want to make sure that all these programs run fine.Anybody tried any of these software under TATA BROADBAND? Under normal settings, does it work fine? No routing around and stuff?Thanks.

No port is blocked by them. All work fine for me. I have tried using bitomet, bittorrent, limewire, kazaa, irc . All work so smooth.

Yup, EVERYTHING (all torrent apps, limewire, ares, shareaza, dc++, soulseek..etc) works just fine, but i've been having problems only with emule ( and i think its my firewall thats causing a problem)

Originally posted by Vince@Aug 19 2005, 10:40 AM
Yup, EVERYTHING (all torrent apps, limewire, ares, shareaza, dc++, soulseek..etc) works just fine, but i've been having problems only with emule ( and i think its my firewall thats causing a problem)
[snapback]22138[/snapback]
[/quote]

strongly recommend that you change the default ports of emule from 4662 and 4672 to 14662 and 14672. do not use `zonealarm' since it has got knownconflicts with emule.. use the free sygate instead (most user friendly with emule) and lastly do not use mods.. they are detected and blocked by the servers which negotiate the transfers. 😉 pupudada

op: official emule help channel... #emule-irc (only for irc clients.. your emule directs you to this channel when you use its irc client)

Thanks for that info pupudada!!(How did you know i was using Zonealarm???)Whats a mod?

well your post made it more than clear that you were using a firewall which is not friendly with emule.. and emule hates `za' the most. mod=modified versions of emule 🙂 pupudada

Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 6 2005, 09:49 AM
well your post made it more than clear that you were using a firewall which is not friendly with emule.. and emule hates `za' the most. mod=modified versions of emule 🙂 pupudada
[snapback]24170[/snapback]
[/quote]
I am using ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5.062.004 with eMule and eMule plus without any conflict. ZAP 5 is known to have some bugs that makes the system unstable with P2P softwares. It is corrected with version 5.5 and above.

Originally posted by puja399@Sep 22 2005, 10:09 PM
I am using ZoneAlarm Pro 5.5.062.004 with eMule and eMule plus without any conflict. ZAP 5 is known to have some bugs that makes the system unstable with P2P softwares. It is corrected with version 5.5 and above.
[snapback]25979[/snapback]
[/quote]

puja, well, i'd request you to try sygate for a limited period of time... am sure you'll get better results.. btw, zap does give false alarma like `emule is trying to send an email' something which is just not possible, but could well mean that `emule' is trying to access the default `smtp' port, which i can say with authority that it does not if configured properly. what are the ports that you've assigned for outgoing `tcp' and `udp' ports in emule?

Originally posted by pupudada@Sep 23 2005, 01:07 PM
puja, well, i'd request you to try sygate for a limited period of time... am sure you'll get better results.. btw, zap does give false alarma like `emule is trying to send an email' something which is just not possible, but could well mean that `emule' is trying to access the default `smtp' port, which i can say with authority that it does not if configured properly. what are the ports that you've assigned for outgoing `tcp' and `udp' ports in emule?
[snapback]26048[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree with pupudada, Sygate is the best firewall I have come across. No wonder Symantec (Norton fellas) bought it!

I'm toying around with getting an unlimited account too.Anyone check to see if basic networking utility ports are open? FTP (21), SSH (22), traceroute, ping, nslookup, etc.?Much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.