Amazon India is saving card detail in buyer's account if the payment was made using card at the time of delivery

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 956

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Swiping cards save details

Getting your credit/debit card swiped at your doorstep to pay for products purchased online may be convenient but it will automatically save your card details to the online account without your explicit consent.

If a user pays for someone else’s cash-on-delivery package, this card will be linked to the other person’s account and the owner of the card will not be notified and cannot delete it either.

This is because Amazon puts a default opt-in feature to store card details and puts the obligation on the user to opt out.

Sahana Prabhakar received a text message that said, “We wish to save your card ending XXXX to Amazon account used to order a product.” Even though Amazon provided a link for her to opt out from having the card details saved, Ms Prabhakar asked the company on twitter, “Who gave you permission to store my card details in the first? If I mindlessly ignore the text message you’ll assume I've consented for you to store my card number won’t you? (sic)”.

This happened with me yesterday, but I got a link with the sms to allow me to opt out with saving the card.

Needless to say I delinked my debit card. All COD orders henceforth will be cash only!!