a question to all those using private torrents

whitestar_999

Regulars
ISP
BSNL
i only uses public torrents because of the strict uploading ratio to be maintained in case of private torrents.as we all know max upload speed of 2mbps bsnl connection is 512kbps/60KBps & many of us rarely get upload speed >40-45KBps consistently so my question is how people manage to keep a near to 1:1 ratio in case of private torrents if they are downloading at a speed of 240KBps.the only situation i see is that you have to sacrifice the max downloadable amount in a month by restricting your downloading even if you do download at very fast speeds compared to public torrents & more reliably.i want to know if my above statement is true or not & if not then why?

There is just one way to keep a >1 ratio. Keep the client ON even after you finish downloading!

There is just one way to keep a >1 ratio. Keep the client ON even after you finish downloading!

this is why i said that you have to sacrifice the amount of download because once you finish downloading you can't right away start another download untill the amount you uploaded is somewhat equal to your download & this will take 5-6 times more time than time taken to download as upload speed is 5-6 times less than download speed.since you get free time of only 6 hrs i.e 2-8am it means you can download only a limited amount to keep a good uploading ratio & this limited amount is much less than what you could have downloaded with speeds of 240KBps.

this is why i said that you have to sacrifice the amount of download .....
not exactly like that
you download less simultaneously.... say 2 torrents at a time, once they finish keep them seeding and go add another torrent.
say if it downloaded 1gb torrent in one day max you need to keep it seeding for 2-3 days it will finish the seeding goal. the seedig is entirely depends on number of lechers, so in some torrent even you upload 0.5% next torrent make sure you cover up ur seeding to keep the ratio healthy

u can use public torrents. aren't uploads free on bsnl? u can seed in the non-unltd time slot! maintaining a good share ratio (>1.5) is essential (imaan ki baat! 🙂)

you download less simultaneously.... say 2 torrents at a time, once they finish keep them seeding and go add another torrent.
say if it downloaded 1gb torrent in one day max you need to keep it seeding for 2-3 days it will finish the seeding goal. the seedig is entirely depends on number of lechers, so in some torrent even you upload 0.5% next torrent make sure you cover up ur seeding to keep the ratio healthy

i am a bit confused about your statement.let's just say i am on a 2mbps connection with max download speeds of 240KBps & upload speed of say 45KBps.if i start downloading 2 torrents with a speed of 120KBps each & upload speed of 22KBps each & file size of each torrent is 200mb then each torrent will be finished in 30 minutes.now after this i have to keep seeding both of them at same upload speed for approx 130 minutes for my uploaded ratio to become 1:1.
i can't start another torrents because i am seeding at my full capacity.to start i have to decrease the seeding rate but then it will take more time for my upload ratio to increase.also my new torrents would also be not able to download at full speeds as they are uploading at a very low rate because of seeding of other torrents.

u can use public torrents. aren't uploads free on bsnl? u can seed in the non-unltd time slot!

maintaining a good share ratio (>1.5) is essential (imaan ki baat! )

bsnl charges for both upload & download.its mtnl which does not charge for upload in daytime.i live in a area where there is daily power cut of 12 hours(its a city not some village or some small town.they got even less!!!welcome to west UP) including 5-10am power cut so i can only use 2-5am time for downloading so you see i like to maintain good upload ratio but can't.

i only use public torrents & generally they are not as good seeded as private one but still i manage to download 1.5-1.7GB for generally average seeded torrents in 2hrs 45min.

with speeds of 240KBps one should be able to download 4.68GB in these 6 hours so i want to know from those using private torrents on a 2mbps connection how much can they download in 6hrs keeping a 1:1 or very near to this ratio.

i am a bit confused about your statement.let's just say i am on a 2mbps connection with max download speeds of 240KBps & upload speed of say 45KBps.if i start downloading 2 torrents with a speed of 120KBps each & upload speed of 22KBps each & file size of each torrent is 200mb then each torrent will be finished in 30 minutes.now after this i have to keep seeding both of them at same upload speed for approx 130 minutes for my uploaded ratio to become 1:1.
i can't start another torrents because i am seeding at my full capacity.to start i have to decrease the seeding rate but then it will take more time for my upload ratio to increase.also my new torrents would also be not able to download at full speeds as they are uploading at a very low rate because of seeding of other torrents.

bsnl charges for both upload & download.its mtnl which does not charge for upload in daytime.i live in a area where there is daily power cut of 12 hours(its a city not some village or some small town.they got even less!!!welcome to west UP) including 5-10am power cut so i can only use 2-5am time for downloading so you see i like to maintain good upload ratio but can't.

i only use public torrents & generally they are not as good seeded as private one but still i manage to download 1.5-1.7GB for generally average seeded torrents in 2hrs 45min.

with speeds of 240KBps one should be able to download 4.68GB in these 6 hours so i want to know from those using private torrents on a 2mbps connection how much can they download in 6hrs keeping a 1:1 or very near to this ratio.
my ratio is never 1:1,because u gave correct reason,so i used private torrent very carefully meaning maintaining minimum .6,many private torrent will ban you if ur ratio below .6,so i mainly download pc games and hd movies,but i can manage ratio problem,u have to find some way like me,but i can not leave 2mbps speed even upload speed is very low.i can download much more than 256kbps ul plan,in 256kbps u have to keep ur computer on 24hours,so i am saving directly my light bill ,i have no such ratio problem till yet at any private tracker and i download daily around 4GB

i have no such ratio problem till yet at any private tracker and i download daily around 4GB

are you saying that you can download daily 4Gb in 6 hrs & simultaneously upload (4*0.6)=2.4GB?with an upload speed of 45KBps it will take around 16 hours to upload 2.4GB so that your ratio is at least 0.6.i can not understand how you can download 4GB daily & also be able to maintain a ratio of 0.6 if you only use 6 hrs of night free time.

You can fool private torrent sites with a software named ratiomaster, which fakes upload and download stats of a torrent to almost all bittorrent trackers. This means that it does NOT rely on your bittorrent client (uTorrent, Azureus, BitComet, ABC and etc.) and it will NOT download/upload the files on a torrent - it only can fake download/upload. Thus increasing your share ratio. 🙂

^^ I was expecting someone to give this kind of reply 🙁 . It's harsh but there is no good way to maintain proper ratio considering upload/download speed of our packages .

Methods that people use to avoid ratio problems:

1. Best - Have a connection with free upload, eg. hathway gives free up

2. Use public tracker - find all public trackers for a given torrent, dont restrict to 1 particular tracker. u might find more seeds at other trackers. Use link-removed.com - i believe this site to be the best torrent index

3. ratio master type softwares - faking upload. BEWARE - IF YOU ARE CAUGHT, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THAT SITE. (methods that people use - not something that i'm recommending....)

4. Using sites with a system of bonus pts., eg. link-removed.com, hd-bits.ro, torrentdemons.com, etc. - (consider link-removed) they give 0.4 pt. per torrent per hour of seeding. keep 100 torrents together, each of size less that 1 MB with a seeding limit of 1 KBps. it gives 40 pts per hour & in a night of 8 hrs unltd, 280 pts. without eating any bandwidth. In the morning exchange 250 pts for 5 GB up.
ratio prob solved in the official manner

5. if you do not fit into any of this, as i sometimes do, keep an up of say about 30% of the speed (if possible as in my case - sify its possible) so, at the time of downloading itself u make a ratio of 0.3. so the task of 0.6 or 0.75 is not very difficult

are you saying that you can download daily 4Gb in 6 hrs & simultaneously upload (4*0.6)=2.4GB?with an upload speed of 45KBps it will take around 16 hours to upload 2.4GB so that your ratio is at least 0.6.i can not understand how you can download 4GB daily & also be able to maintain a ratio of 0.6 if you only use 6 hrs of night free time.
i can upload daily around 600mb,but i download only those torrents that are ratio free in hd movies,and for indian movies i have extra account on almost every tracker,for pc games there are many private tracker,and all private tracker are not cruel 🙂,so they put limit of time like after 28 days they will ban me ,i don't care about ratio in these 28 days on every tracker which shows that message,after 28 days of course i banned,but there is not only 1 or 2 private tracker in this internet world,i move everytime to next tracker and after 2-3months when tracker opens register,i just register more than 3 account by changing my ip:yahoo:,so i have no problem at all in torrent world:thumbsup:,yes i know this is wrong :wall:but i can not do anything till i get equal upload speed by bsnl:madness:,and those tracker which are devoted to study material only like
docs.torrents.ro
Textbook Torrents - The Free Textbook Tracker
and many more my ratio is always near .6,and also i never use ratiomaster software,i heard about this software from you,now i will try this will work or not,but i know they will certainly ban you for using this kind of software:hysterical:,many people of other country have good ratio because they have good upload speed like 1mbps with 2mbps download speed,if we got like that speed our ratio will also good,so ratio mainly depends on connection provider not on us,this is very comprehensive comment about my downloading:thumbsup:

i can upload daily around 600mb,but i download only those torrents that are ratio free in hd movies,and for indian movies i have extra account on almost every tracker,for pc games there are many private tracker,and all private tracker are not cruel 🙂,so they put limit of time like after 28 days they will ban me ,i don't care about ratio in these 28 days on every tracker which shows that message,after 28 days of course i banned,but there is not only 1 or 2 private tracker in this internet world,i move everytime to next tracker and after 2-3months when tracker opens register,i just register more than 3 account by changing my ip:yahoo:,so i have no problem at all in torrent world:thumbsup:,yes i know this is wrong :wall:but i can not do anything till i get equal upload speed by bsnl:madness:,and those tracker which are devoted to study material only like
docs.torrents.ro
Textbook Torrents - The Free Textbook Tracker
and many more my ratio is always near .6,and also i never use ratiomaster software,i heard about this software from you,now i will try this will work or not,but i know they will certainly ban you for using this kind of software:hysterical:,many people of other country have good ratio because they have good upload speed like 1mbps with 2mbps download speed,if we got like that speed our ratio will also good,so ratio mainly depends on connection provider not on us,this is very comprehensive comment about my downloading:thumbsup:

I agree with "ratio mainly depends on connection provider not on u" Atleast in India...

I do the same thing as NSaxena Does. There's no other option instead switching to unlimited plans and seed the whole day that too with the slow speed.Seriously, I do register for more than Three Accounts when Private Trackers are open.I regularly switch those accounts to maintain my ratio.Maintaining ratio helps me to get invites for other private trackers.I dont care about my ratio bcoz Shitty ISP's in India.

The answer is simple.....Use ratio free trackers 😀Or else use sites that rewards seeding.P.S: I have over 400 torrents seeding with the oldest 112 days. (That is when i had to reformat my system) 😛