Reliance Wimax Broadband: on Ubuntu 7.10

• Thread starter Thread starter Dark_Knight
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 11,028
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think ipv6 its not the problem..coz vista also works on ipv6 partially...and i was able to access using vista.

I always have a eth1 comming up now and then ... any idea what is that and how it get rid of it. I hav a Dell Inspiron

is wimax in india for real.? i think this is alla brain wash.the spectrum is still not giving to most telco's. they are making fools of all by giving normal wireless connectivity and using the HOT TERM wimax for milage. plz correct me if i am wrong.

I always have a eth1 comming up now and then ... any idea what is that and how it get rid of it. I hav a Dell Inspiron

whats the problem ?? i m not getting u?

Hey Thanks sharad that was some stupid misunderstanding of mine eth1 was my wireless card

can anyone give a step by step procedure for internet connection? I am unable to connect over a fresh installation of Ubuntu 7.1, though oepnsuse 10.2 and windows xp worked.

I think avahi is to blame .... Try this stop both avahi daemon and avahi autopid (google a bit)u may also remove them /etc/init.dAlso remember that u need 2 login in windows 1st thru the same machine get an IP from reliance ... login 2 reliance web page ... then logout ... reboot 2 linux ... (without avahi ... i think dat avoids an IPv4 address) ... n then login to reliance page again Post bk ur xperience

I dont kno how exactly 2 do it ... but u can do by setting the vendor class ID to MSFT 5.0 That tells Rel servers that its a Win Machine ... Catch cruisecontrol .. he knows better

Status
Not open for further replies.