Sify = Excellent Service

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 3,029
ISP
Airtel
Yes, you heard it right. I am really in love with Sify. Unbelievable? Just read on....

Last night I renewed my pack to 64 kbps. I am really amazed to know that I am getting an outstanding speed of 4.9 KBps. You know this is like a dream come true to me. When I had my 48 kbps pack I used to get a shitting speed of 11 KBps but since I have renwed my pack I am happy with the speed I am getting. I really appreciate Sify for the same. Hance, I fell in love with sify last night and wrote an appreciating email to the customer care for the great service they are prviding. Here I am including the copy of the mail I sent them.

It was a great news for me when I came to know that my speed was deducted to 6 KBps after I renewed to the 64 Kbps pack. I was getting an awesome speed of 11 KBps when I had my 48 kbps pack. I wonder is this an upgradation or downgradation of speed.

Anyway, I want an explanation for this wonderful speed I am getting now. I am attaching a screenshot of a download process. The speed was then deducted to 4.9 KBps.

Here is a suggestion....dont make your user hate sify more. We are already pissed off with your current services like frequent downtimes/a 150 MB limit on your unlimited services/weak customer support and whatnot.[/b]

I am also including a screenshot to make you guys jealous....

Now tell me aren't you jealous of me now?

Cancer , on 64 kbps you are allowed 8 KB and you get is 4.9 KB. Thats valid point to argue. But on 48kbps you got 11 KB and now on 64 you get less is not valid. You were enjoying because they had no option but to give you that bandwidth slot. Now you are in other slot and hence you get a shared bandwith. But surely you can ask for more 3.1 KB of your speed.Also with sify its always best to buy the lowest possible pack as chances are there that the may give you a higher slot of bandwith.

tell me you are joking sifyfan . however one point is that cancer they can give you about 4 kbps and you cant touch them . if you get speeds of 3 kbps or less then you can complain . but truthfully if you can stay a mile away from sify and people who use sify . more often then not people who use sify( i am not telling about people who have no choice but sify..but people who CHOOSE to be on sify even when they have other options ) are much of a headache as sify itself . get this ...friend on sify :" Are yaar mereko mera pc pe alag desktop aata hai , message aata hai from windows ki my pc is corrupted ...." you:"kaunsa desktop ??? and you get message from microsoft ???" friend on sify:"skull wala desktop ..and yeah ..message aata hai from microsoft ..your pc is corrupted . please but xxxcleaner for 12 $ "you:" kaunsa internet connection hai tera "friend on sify :" sify broadband 40 kbps "you:"%&@## god damn it "

^hilariousbut yes some people are pathetic and this is not the case with sify only many peoplea are morons on other isps alsoand cancer well thats y they introduced this 64kbps pack cause they knew people were getting speeds of a 96kbps pack on the 48onenow u can't blame themtechnically u should get a speed of 8kbps on a 64 packand we all know that sify sucksbut we still life with itso i say just suck it up like all the other times

U know after getting this 4.9 KBps speed, I cannot think of download any movies at night...it will take 5 nights to download 1 single movie.....those son of a holy crap.

Demand 8 kBps of them. Sify likes to mentally torture us all. They give us 11 kBps for 6 months and then suddenly reduce it. $##@@%% Sify.

Sifyfan are you out of your mind? How come one get lesser download rates on something higher than the 48K connection itself! If 11K is the rate on 48K it should be at least 15K on 64K.

lol think of it as an unwritten bonus that Sify was giving all these months because it wouldn't have been named 48 kbps if the speed on it was supposed to be 11 kBps=88 kbps 😉

Nuclear , I am not out of mind. Sify has all rights like you have to demand what is exactly agreed upon. Now if sify gives you more, you do not complain and if sify gives you less you complain. Ok thats fare. But now if sify is giving you exact (8 KB in this case for 64kbps) than there is no point to crib.

I dont really care what Sify gives in 64K but I expect them to be consistent with their 48K plan which is the most popular one. Please do not keep on revising plans or hiking rates every month, try to understand this is India and we are middle-class people (un)like you. I am satisfied with their current 6 month unlimited 48K plan and hope they dont do away with it.

48 plan has already been replaced with the 64 plan with reduced speed and all.And never expect consistency from Sify. They change plans and conditions *every* month. Buying a pack valid for more than 1 month is not at all advisable on Sify.

Sifyfan it seems to me that you are employed by Satyam.Let me tell you something - I have experienced your service, your customer "care", your ridiculous limits, your login clients and last but not the least your on campus recruitment.In Satyam's on campus exam there were just 15 questions with printing mistakes!! I couldnt clear but later gave an off campus where I got a call from guess what Satyam lol. And this time the questions were over 200 heh.I have no personal problems with you at all. You are 4th in revenues after TCS,Infosys and Wipro, three billion dollar companies and I dont think your management would even care if we moaned about your internet service. Anyway in the end your exams were an eyewash and all that is behind me now, what I want today is value for my money.

lol that was an honour .... but mein bluff master nahi hoo. I am not the bluff master 😛

I had a feeling this would happen when they removed the 48kbps package 🙄, luckily I am still on the 48kbps plan (which was strangely given to me after it had been removed), oh well I would advise everyone here to try and cling to that if possible. But there is a huge humourous side to this, half the speed for extra money is classic sify 🙂Speed was actually a large plus point for sify (the only one, come to think of it), and now that has gone 🙂