Honda Activa 125 BS4 (2019)

@SVK, I beg to disagree with your view. Maruti sells truck loads of cars everyday. What is the USP in their products?. Absolutely nothing. Built like tin cans with ultra thin sheet metal on the outside, poor quality, congested interiors. Bland designs & less features. Service costs a bomb. Some people may say that they have service centre on every alternate street. But my question is how responsive the service centres are and how about the manufacturer itself?. Brands like Hyundai, Tata and Honda cars offer much much much better experience. It is the sheep herd mentality of Indians which makes them buy what the neighbour buys or something recommended by a friend/relative.

TVS has learnt a lot from their racing wing and from BMW. Their 150cc bikes are targeted on the basic performance bike audience. Likewise Bajaj has learnt a lot from KTM. Engine performance is least of your concerns in these two brands.

Reactions: SVK
Some update for this Thread.
So I actually bought Activa 125 after considering Unicorn, Pulsar 150, TVS RTR 160 and even Jupiter. I waited long for Pulsar 150 (Classic) with ABS, but it never launched.
About Activa 125, buying experience was better unlike mentioned in previous posts and salespersons appeared to take care of customers this time.
My Activa 3 weeks old and I have taken to office twice so far. First time I was very cautious and drove below 50 kmph speed. But while driving on speed-brakers, it jumped more then I had experience with bike. With bike I could go pass on speed-brakers may be at 40 kmph, but with Activa speed has to be 20 kmph to not feel unstable. Apart from that it is comfortable to ride, only that my legs gets bored as they have no work to do and sit idle 🙂

Few weeks back some kids broke Trip button of my Activa 125 meter. I might have driven in rain briefly after button was broken.
After few days I noticed digital meter display was not working. I shown to local mechanic, he said water may have got in, and after water dries, display would work. I covered trip button hole with cello tape and continued to use. Display comes up occasionally (so I can at least see fuel level 😀). But it keeps blinking. Watch also reset always.
I shown Activa at authorize service center as well. They said display is fine, just need to replace meter glass, but they don't have it. They also said battery is weak, so display is not working properly.
So I am confused whether display issue is due to water or low battery. I have so far not replaced battery. Service center guy told to use Activa regularly or battery becomes weak. But my usage is low, just once in a week ride to office (~50 Km) and weekend shopping (4-5 Km).

I have tvs jupiter and starting issue came up which they are unable to solve. All they do each time i visit is increase the fuel and throttle a bit lol.

and eventually when they raised their hands, they told me to use it everyday else every scooter will give starting problem. I mean if they can’t fix it then why blame usage habits of customers.

i have other scooters as well and no one gave cold start issue.

Servicing and low usage is one of the reason I cancelled my plan to purchase new bike which I was discussing here 😀