Airtel, Idea and Vodafone seems to have killed unlimited/long-term validity prepaid recharges

You don't get free incoming with postpaid connections, why should it be free for prepaid connections?

incoming isn't free??????

although, I noticed if jio prime is active, you don't have to recharge it for an entire year.

which again is nice for validity.

So they were going to deduct minimum recharge from balance amount itself 😵

Today I got sms from Idea, my validity is extended by 2 days (not sure which Validity), and if I don't recharge, Rs 24 would be deducted from balance to increase validity by 28 days 😱
I have Rs 82 balance in my account, yet outgoing validity is 30-Dec and incoming validity is 11-Jan! Account deactivation in Apr-19 if no recharge!!!

i guess your original validity was ending today. they increased it by two days to make a choice?

I think in coming months by Rs 82 balance (which was there for last 6 months 😛) would eventually go down to Zero 😀 if Idea starts deducting Rs 24 every 28 days. After that I would have no choice but to recharge frequently.
Now I guess days of dual sim phones are over and safe to go for iPhones or Pixels 🙂

i mean if you just need it for incoming. just put in 500 bucks and it should take care of it for 1.5 years 😛

Reactions: SVK
^^^ Recharge with Rs 500 or such larger amount is not possible now, at least couldn't find that option for on-line recharge on Idea website.
When I enter mobile number, it displays only fixed amount packs which has free outgoing calls/Internet with validity of 10/28/82/90 days, but we cannot simply topup account balance now.

Directly Rs 5000 amount option is available with unrestricted validity!!!

To keep number running, we have to remember and recharge after every 28 days with minimum amount available in recharge packs. Although incoming is not stopped instantly after validity is over and some time is available to make new recharge.

that's why the logical thing is to have balance and let the operator automatically deduct the amount every 28th day. no manual recharge required.

Instead of Rs.24 recharge, it is better to que up Rs35. recharge which gives Rs.26 talktime which can be used, if required.