• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 2914
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 8,603
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2914

hi all.i have two broadband connections 1 is reliance cable broadband and another is reliance wimax also i have two lan cards on my motherboard.....both acccounts are working at a time butnow i want to bind the both lines to get double speed ....how can i do that ??pls. help me..i have tried bridging the two nic cards in xp...but after that i am unable to browse internet.......if i activate both accounts at a time only data transfer occures via only the 1 nic which is activated previously....

Now i want to bind the both lines to get double speed ....how can i do that ?
Not possible.
If one fails , other will keep the connection going in same computer

You need to install Wingate, that will enable you to use both at the same time (but you will have to access internet through Wingate proxy)

Required: 2 ISP's one wireless /one cable to be connected TO ONE SINGLE computer.
now i want to bind the both lines to get double speed ....how can i do that ??

You need to install Wingate, that will enable you to use both at the same time (but you will have to access internet through Wingate proxy)

i have tried that.....but its not very useful...some times ..only 1 connection works...

i have heard of two wan port router..
i guess that will solve my issue.

^load balancer?Hope it is what helps! 🙂

i also heard the same but idk how to do that....

means all incoming aqnd outgoing traffic will be ditributed in both nic cards and two bb lines.

2 WAN port router will do exactly what Wingate does (I.e., will round-robin http requests among connections).You will get combined speeds only ifyou are doing lots of downloads at the same time.

the only solution right now is VMware thats it.......

can u explain howz that ?

i use ms virtual pc for virtual stuff. but how cn i bind it using vmware ???

from the link given earlier.
1. Combining Bandwidth.
2. Load Balancing two connections.
Let assume that you have two 3Mb/sec. connections each capable to download at 300KB/sec.
With Combined Bandwidth you should be able to download one file at 600KB/sec.
With Load Balancing one single file will not exceed download speed of 300KB/sec. However you can download 2 files at 300KB/sec. or 4 files at 150KB/sec. etc.
Unfortunately Combining Bandwidth can not be done without the ISP providing such a specific service.

Computers are Not mind readers. If the two connections are not synchronized at the source your computer would know how to combine it to a coherent page.
Any if and but about it is just Wishful thinking.
The price of such a service (if available) is usually much more expensive than upgrading your connection from the basic service to a faster business or corporate service.

Status
Not open for further replies.