• Thread starter Thread starter smarty84
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 1,922

smarty84

ISP
Airtel
Hi Everyone,

I am facing slow speed problem in my BSNL broadband since 1st of this month. Most of the time it's around 1 Mbps, Maximum speed goes up to 4Mbps. Earlier it was fixed 8 Mbps. No problem in phoneline. Anyone facing the same issue?

no

@smarty84 ,i had this problem on 11th. now its ok
check the ping you are getting. the longer the ping the net can go slow.
register a complaint and get it resolved

@smarty84 ,i had this problem on 11th. now its ok
check the ping you are getting. the longer the ping the net can go slow.
register a complaint and get it resolved
The maximum speed I am getting is 6.5Mbps. But Most of the time it's around 3 Mbps. Ping is around 40ms, sometimes it's around 200ms. There is no problem in the line though. I also registered a complaint but nothing happened. Speed is still the same. Not sure what to do now.

@sniper
HIzeC7J.png

@xstarm
Not sure. That might be the current speed because under that there is Max speed which is 9508kbps. Anyone please explain what these figures means.

@smarty84

Data rate shows 5094 downstream.

Restart your modem and immediately check the Data rate.

If it's still 5094 then BSNL has reduced your line rate.

If it's higher after restarting and then reduces to 5094 after some time then it's a line issue. Do this and post your result.

Your line indicates that though the maximum attainable rate is 9.5 Mbps, your line has been capped @5 Mbps only, which is why your max.speed doesn't go beyond 4 Mbps. Ideally a 20% loss is expected on an average line. I agree with @india.broadband.user Perform the steps as he suggested and post your results here. That should give a clear picture to what's happening with your line. Btw your downstream attenuation is a bit on the higher side, yet your SNR's are okay. Do you live a bit far from the exchange?

Thanks Everyone for your explanations and the suggestions. Actually i have this connection on my home. Right now i am out of my home. Will update after reaching back.