Change prepaid number ownership and upgrade.

• Thread starter Thread starter Smh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 2,241

Smh

ISP
Wired local-AirtelFiber
Do anyone know how to change ownership of Airtel prepaid sim ? and has anyone ordered airtel 4g sim online to upgrade from 2g.

When I last asked they said conversion to postpaid would be required.

well i have a company owned outlet in my local market so i just go there. sim replacement is quite simple. i just recently got mine replaced without aadhaar. filled up a form, copy of id. got sim for free. was active in around 2 hours.

and about ordering sim online to swap with sms ?

Well, I have tried ordering a 4G sim to swap my old Airtel sim multiple times (from their website and the Airtel app), never received anything. Not sure if it was because the delivery address was not in a city.

You could get 4G sim from any Airtel store, you can swap by sending the SMS, no need to give any ID docs.

i do not think they give away blank sims these days. the sim swap scam is too widespread. they ask for id, fill up a form, and process the sim swap from their system.

though i have heard that third party retailers are still doing it.

well i have a company owned outlet in my local market so i just go there. sim replacement is quite simple. i just recently got mine replaced without aadhaar. filled up a form, copy of id. got sim for free. was active in around 2 hours.
i don't want a new number, just the 4g kit to swap it with my old sim. So wanted to know if id proof or worse aadhar verification would be required.

I will visit airtel store and update.

I recently changed my sim to 4g of both idea and airtel from their respective stores. The procedure was same for both, they messaged from my phone entering new sim no to a specific number and then after we need to reconfirm the sim swap by replying yes or no to the received msg. After confirmation the new sim was active within 2 hrs. But the security measure in this is that for 24hrs no messages will be received once the new sim is activated.

Exactly, i went there with my Aadhar in case if they needed or my fingerprints but nothing, idea store people told me that this 24 hrs security period is there to report any problem and no sms means no otp to receive