• Thread starter Thread starter pupudada
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 131
  • Views Views 85,630

pupudada

Regulars
ISP
Alliance
Well friends, sorry if I have linked to another forum, but it is the only way to make you all aware of the acute danger that lies ahead for you all BSNL users.

Code:
http://www.vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=1586.html

With respect to Mr. Mehta's posts in another thread (link given above), I want to know your opinions please. BSNL had offered `Free Night Usage' between the hours 2am to 8am. This had been specified in their website. There were no details given that one would have to log off before 2am and re-login again after 2am.. and then log-off again before 8am.

When I questioned the helpdesk of `BSNL' in Kolkata (conversation recorded), I asked specifically `(a) If I login at 1.30am and continue till 4am; (B) If I login at 3am and log off at 8.30am'.. the person on the other side said that they have the means to check that and only the time between (a)1.30am to 2am; and (B) 8am to 8.30am; would be charged. This entire thing is being contradicted by what Mr. Mehta has written. Are their different sets of rules for different circles of `BSNL'?

When I pointed out the problem of the servers' clock being advanced by 10 minutes to Mr. Mehta, the advise given was that one should login at 2.30am and log off at 7.30am.. Well why cant they change their offer to, say between, 1.30am to 8.30am and request people to login by 2am and log-off by 8am? This is also the first time I've heard the request from an ISP requesting me to change my clock according to the time of that in their servers!

One thing is for sure... BSNL knew that its servers clock were advanced by 10 minutes due to resetting of it's servers. They should have notified everyone immediately about the same. This post clearly shows that the problems started on the 22nd of October.

Code:
http://vinuthomas.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=1342/postdays=0/postorder=asc/start=120.html
speed @256Kbps 2005/09/22 02:39:41 2005/09/22 08:02:10 632263 05:22:29

Mr. Mehta has clearly stated that if there is a difference of upto 15 minutes it will be rebated, so can I be sure that I will be rebated for this usage shown below the thread above? My excess was just 2 minutes and 10 seconds. What will happen to lacs of users who are not on any forums and thus do not know about these details... Simple.. they will be billed, and God help them if they have been using their own clock for the days after 22nd of October... Taking into consideration of 5lac users @9 days (22nd to 30th October) @600MB (and accepting that they had planned to fully utilize their daytime usage and make full benefit of the free night usage).. The charges per person would stand as follows:

600MB x 9 x Rs.1.20 = Rs.6480 per user x 5,00,000 users = Rs.324,00,000,00/- (Rupees Three Hundred and Twentyfour Crores)

I guess the time has come for us to really go en-masse to the offices of `BSNL' and clarify things out. How long should we be treated as `trash'? I do hope that I get positive replies from you all and any additional inputs are most welcome. Thanks a lot for your time!

=======
P.S.: This was Mr. Mehta's response to my question.. What an attitude.. Heh
=======

YES U ALL SHOULD CLARIFY THINGS WITH BSNL OFFICE I AM VERY HAPPY THAT U R SUGGESTING US TO GIVE THE INFORMATION OF TIME OF LOGGING IN AND OUT SO WE WILL FORWARD THIS IDEA TO BSNL MAIN BRANCH AND IF IT IS APPROVED U WILL FAST SEE THE CHANGES ON THE GIVING INFO ABOUT LOGGING OUT AND IN.AND MORE I AM TELLING U THAT OUR OFFICERS R THINKING THAT 1 GB IS TOO MUCH FOR THE USERS AND THEY WILL NOT ACCESS TOO MUCH BUT NOW THEY R RELIASING THAT THEY R OUT OF BANDWIDTH AS USERS R DOWNLOADING 10 GB PER MONTH AFTER THE FREE SCHEME SO UR PROBLEM IS UNDER PROCESS AS SOON I WILL COME TO KNOW ABOUT THE LOGGING INFO ON BSNL SITE I WILL INFORM ALL OF U

I have Got 1,10,938 Rs On December :wall:

I was using Home 500 Plan

They are Paying Night Unlimited Usage too on nowadays
These Problems are started when they are using new server

u mean thats the bill you got? i think that would be a record! 😛i have friends who have received bills between 35000 to 85000 rupees.

Ok I am not having fun of you and your problems but your post is funny!

Title: BSNL Facing A BIG Problem in Billing Section

Indicates that problem is of BSNL not YOURS!

I have Got 1,10,938 Rs On December

You mean to say you have received 1,10,938 Rs, NOT THE BILL of 1,10,938 Rs because BSNL is facing BIG problem in billing system.

They are Paying Night Unlimited Usage too on nowadays

Again you are confirming that THEY ARE PAYING YOU and not you are paying them!! More you use at night, more they PAY YOU!

Wow I would migrate out of Mumbai for such schemes!! 😛

Rs 1,10.938 say Rs 111000 @ Re1 per Mb d/l works out to 111 GB.( Nu 0200 to 0800 daily 3 to 4 GB D/L possible in BSNL) !!

Hahahaha! Sabin's record gets broken in just 3 hrs!@jaskaran44640 mins a month * 4Rs ISD call ~ 170000RsProof enough that you talked non-stop full month!How much does Guiness pay for breaking a record?!! 😛

@amishyeah that bill was really a shocker!..i got that on 7th jan,am yet to receive my original bill ie 900+taxes.PS:the bill also states Rs.20095.00 as the servicetax

LOL. ur tax itself is 20 times than my full bill! 😛

ha ha ha .. what is this.. what about my bill.. yet to recieve the first bill.. heart fail may occur if i see more than 2500 RS 😉

Ok I am not having fun of you and your problems but your post is funny!

Indicates that problem is of BSNL not YOURS!

You mean to say you have received 1,10,938 Rs, NOT THE BILL of 1,10,938 Rs because BSNL is facing BIG problem in billing system.

Again you are confirming that THEY ARE PAYING YOU and not you are paying them!! More you use at night, more they PAY YOU!

Wow I would migrate out of Mumbai for such schemes!! 😛

i really got the bill of 110938

But I Get the Corrected Bill Later on Complaining .........

i m also the new userwhen i check my usage account..it show of 45023MB of data transfer(night included)so will i also get the bill of 45GB???????i m also using home500 plan.....pls reply sum1 who r also using this plan & has got connection in januarym very tensed about ti