ACT Relocation cost of Rs.600, Is it mandatory?

ISP
ACT
I have made a request for relocation within South chennai and the customer service person has taken the request and mentioned that Rs.600 will be charged against the relocation.
I just noticed that the flat which I am moving already has got an ACT wire used by previous tenant. Can't I just use the same wire for the router and login with my ACT ID/Pwd to continue using the service? Has anyone tried it? I am not sure what the ACT person will do for Rs.600 that's being quoted.

^ actually that is valid. If you're shifting in same apartment from one floor to another, the wiring is free but If you're shifting from one place to another, they take relocation charge.

If your new apartment already has cable , you can use it with your existing connection but it is technically illegal and those act people can come and take away that wire at any time

Upvote 0
Can't I just use the same wire for the router and login with my ACT ID/Pwd to continue using the service?

It used to work earlier in Hyderabad but doesn't work anymore since the last 2 years. When you enter the username and password from a different location it gives an error saying 'login not available from this location'.

Upvote 0
^ actually that is valid. If you're shifting in same apartment from one floor to another, the wiring is free but If you're shifting from one place to another, they take relocation charge.

If your new apartment already has cable , you can use it with your existing connection but it is technically illegal and those act people can come and take away that wire at any time

@dextermorgan The wiring at the new apartment is ACTs and I am pretty sure they don't change with a new cable for the customer when there is already one. In that case, ACT person who comes to collect Rs.600 doesn't need to do any feasibility check, no new junction box installation, no wiring cost then why should the customer pay. There is no justification for that amount in my honest opinion.

If they are taking away the cable which is wired inside the flat, they should have got the permission from the previous tenant, which didn't happen btw.

Shouldn't they start charging the relocation amount case by case instead of charging everyone Rs.600 !! What do you think?

Upvote 0
@dextermorgan The wiring at the new apartment is ACTs and I am pretty sure they don't change with a new cable for the customer when there is already one. In that case, ACT person who comes to collect Rs.600 doesn't need to do any feasibility check, no new junction box installation, no wiring cost then why should the customer pay. There is no justification for that amount in my honest opinion.

If they are taking away the cable which is wired inside the flat, they should have got the permission from the previous tenant, which didn't happen btw.

Shouldn't they start charging the relocation amount case by case instead of charging everyone Rs.600 !! What do you think?
That is how it is man. In few cases, wiring person has to use extra feet of cables to provide connection which would costmore than 600rs so they are charging a fixed amount to provide this service. Even airtel, hathaway does the same

Upvote 0