Reliance Jio has acquired majority stake in Hathway Cable & Datacom and DEN Networks

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,768
What I think, these are the cases which might happen:

1. Jio might replace Hathway's Backend Bandwidth Provider (which is currently Airtel in Delhi).

2. Jio might replace the backend of the Hathway and Install their better equipment. (Changing from DOCSIS to Better Technology)

3. Jio might replace the front-end of the Hathway and do it FTTH (Wiring).

4. Jio might over-take the work-force of the Hathway and introduce the Jio's work-force on it.

5. Jio might just end the Hathway's entity and make it the Jio (100% as Branding but won't introduce any physical changes except for the name).

6. Same Point as 5th but with Physical Changes also like Technical, Hardware, Software etc.

P.S.: Since Jio is invested now, all those small LCOs or Excitel wouldn't be messing with the wires of Hathway anymore as they are afraid of Airtel. Same, Hathway can't practice the same (if they do it as well). It might increase the quality of service in some cases but mostly the quality of services will decline for sometime or for some-long-time since Jio has huge routing issues.

1 , 2 and 3 will happen because jio wants to provide IPtv service and other IOT stuff not just broadband.

4 lets hope they will train them and not fire them.

lco are afraid of airtel ?

Yes, LCO generally don't touch the wire of Airtel. LCO only cut wires of other LCO because it's vice versa.

If they cut the wires of Airtel repeatedly, Airtel will take the camera footages and proceed from there. It's the case of Delhi atleast. LCO never touches airtel wires.

Secondly, cutting airtel means multiple complains of landline issues. Airtel has better response time. If they see a pattern, they will surely do something.

That's the difference between Airtel and LCO.

You are indirectly saying, 6th Point is going to be agreed.

Butretaining current team is shit decision as they are those who are uneducated and doesn't understand anything related to computers.

A nice and little bit of sensible dressing agents (white collar or semi blur collars) are required.

Hathway has all blur collar. Their attitude is like a worker in factory and not like employee of a company.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they cut the wires of Airtel repeatedly, Airtel will take the camera footages and proceed from there.

How will they take footage???

I don't see cameras around Airtel telephone cable outside my house.

How will they take footage???

I don't see cameras around Airtel telephone cable outside my house.
In our area, if that happens. The customer would come forward (if Airtel asks them) and give the footage itself. It's quite common in okayish-to-posh areas of Delhi to have camera's installed on their premises which covers the wiring and sometimes the Blue Box of Airtel.

90% of them uses the Airtel for Landline.

P.S.: Answer me, How many times your Airtel Wire is cut by the LCO and not because of the Natural Cause (Wind/Rain)?

Well... never used Airtel broadband but my brother had Airtel...

Before Excitel/ TriplePlay had MTNL.... Never faced cable cutting with any provider except for natural causes...

The cable cutting is done by LCOs only. Basically, these people usually have some sort of rivalry over the boundaries of each other's territory. So they do petty fights. None would intentionally cut cables of biggies like Airtel, Tata since these people take it very seriously. Accidental cuttings do happen while digging the trench for water pipes, drainage etc.

While paying my monthly subscription to my cablewallah today... asked him what is new....

He also has Hathway.... told me Jio is coming up with a plan @1000/-... which includes 50Mbps unltd + 1 set top box + unltd voice calling. Add on STB can be availed @599.

lol. seems unlikely. but should be great for the consumer if they manage to deliver broadband, landline and television for 1000 bucks per month.

Next on their list are fastway, ortel ncn etc as per et. I hope they atleast soon buyout fastway so that i can have better internet at my place.

While paying my monthly subscription to my cablewallah today... asked him what is new....

He also has Hathway.... told me Jio is coming up with a plan @1000/-... which includes 50Mbps unltd + 1 set top box + unltd voice calling. Add on STB can be availed @599.
Can you them of they are planning on increased sppeed? 50mbps is too low for a metro city.

Also, What about the cable? Are they going to make it ftth or is it going to be docsis normal tv cable wire only?

He is just a LCO of many ISP's, he can not tell them..... just selling their service.

Most probably it will be FTTN/ FTTH..... as with the other ISP's i.e. I am using Tripleplay and the junction box on the pole outside my house has fibre as input and ethernet cable as output.....

Jio will have an android TV box.