Reliance Jio has acquired majority stake in Hathway Cable & Datacom and DEN Networks

• Thread starter Thread starter Navjot Singh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 9,810
Yeah, When you said "CableWallah" I understood what you meant. It's that they might reveal something more which I have asked for.

Anyways, Hathway and DEN both runs on Coaxial Cable which is Old TV Thick Cable Wire (Technology Name: DOCSIS 3.0).

By the way, If your ISP is TriplePlay. How come he knows about the Hathway and JIO thing and their plans which you have told before?

Apart from the acquisition deal, it's quite uncommon that anyone outside would know all that.

While paying my monthly subscription to my cablewallah today... asked him what is new....

He also has Hathway.... told me Jio is coming up with a plan @1000/-... which includes 50Mbps unltd + 1 set top box + unltd voice calling. Add on STB can be availed @599.

Basically, He also has Hathway.... I am not getting this part.

He has around 7-12 ISP's Excitel, Hathaway, TriplePlay and so many others....
Since he had hathaway, so after acquisition by Jio, he will now be selling Jio also....

Last edited:
Pretty sure within 5-6 years, there will not be any alternatives left in any of telecom/broadband/content delivery fields.

Yup, the other day around I saw a JIO salesman going door-to-door to sell JIO connection. 🤔

Be that as it may... I hope Hathway services improve. Their services, especially cable tv, took a hit since Jio acquired stake in Hathway and Den.