About FTTH, new user

ISP
BSNL
Hello IBF
I planning to take bsnl ftth, since my bsnl adsl is getting worst and worst...I've contacted bsnl and they told that, cable operator will connect the optic cable from near underground route, which is 60 m from my home (jn).
I currently going for 575 plan..which is the lowest FTTH plan in kerala. So my question is should i need to pay any extra money for the cable or for the installation? (BSNL officer told that it is completely free but...)

Is bsnl ftth worth the money? Will get 8mb/sec upto 30GB..
Appro: 2km from my home to exchange..so speed fluctuation? Or anything??

And last, what is ONT A type and B type? Since they told me to buy an OnT from outside.

Following, I am also looking to subscribe to FTTH. Cable operator told I need to pay fiber wire charges.

I didn't need to pay installation charges for BSNL FTTH, but in my case I get my connection directly from them. On the 1199 plan I actually get 11+mbps download and upload consistently. But in your case it will depend on the LCO. And about the ONT, none of them have inbuilt WiFi capabilities. But as far as I know those ONTs aren't available in the market??‍♂️

@Aswin no cabling charges for my recent connection (about same distance as yours) in Pune but cable operator charges 3k for ftth modem in my area. I would suggest you go for latest plan 777 (50 mbps) which has 500 GB monthly FUP if you can.

@vishalrao can you post the model no of the modem? BSNL had quoted me a price of 10k+ if I wanted to buy it from them 🙁

It's available on Amazon for almost half the MRP of 3k :-D

@vishalrao Was procuring the ONT device on your own an option? I'm sure if you said you have your own ONT device, they'd add up some other charges.

So basically its like 3k for installation, ONT and other expenses right?

@varkey i guess i could have gotten my own ONT but i didnt want to risk any incompatibility issues. yeah they might have added some charges in that case.

i guess yes, you can consider 3k as charges for ONU, installation and other expenses.

Don't fall for the 20/meter price that's all BS. A good 2 core fiber will cost 9rs/meter.

Just go to local cable shops and ask them for 2 core fiber. BSNL uses 2 core fiber themselves.

The BSNL officer told me that i have to buy ONT from outside shop but when i contacted LCO, they told that i need to pay rs 3000/- for the cable with ONT.

3000 for cabling and ONT sounds like a decent deal. you can go for it!