Cloudflare Registrar

If you see this page .. there is any image shown as example..

Which shows price of few TLDs - so for me if those are real prices they will eventually offer then its not much of the saving.

Source: Introducing Cloudflare Registrar: Domain Registration You Can Love

Image they used:
registrar-pricing-.png

right. cloudflare is not going to be much cheaper than existing budget domain companies. but some of them do charge a premium while offering nothing.

for anyone already using cloudflare, it is going to be a good solid alternative. i moved to google domains hoping to get a good backend and reliable dns service. but the hot mess of a backend user interface which remains unfixed confirms that google would probably end up shutting it down instead of fixing it.

Yes if price is same I will still switch to cloudflare. Unless Bigrock brings out something from their sleeves.

bigrock is the desi domain company right? not sure but i just do not trust desi companies when it comes to domains and hosting. net4 ensured that.

Bigrock is Indian but their everything is as good as any proper multi-national company.

User interface / support / payment / reminders etc. all is how one would actually expect it to be.

Both ResellerClub and Bigrock are part of the notorious EIG brand. Almost all popular hosting providers like BlueHost, Hostgator, Arvixe and other 80+ providers are owned and managed by Endurance International Group.

Source

Oh yes I had completely forgotten that bigrock was sold. But as far as operations and support is considered - its all Indian.

EIG has still not migrated me (or any other user) to their central system. (touchwood)

Probably because Resellerclub and bigrock are like "what thums up was to coke" brand for them.

I chose it earlier because their office is just 10-15mins away. It was time when I did not have Netbanking ... so it was easy to reach them.

Reactions: Jay
There was a time when I used to jump between registrars every year by transferring domains back and forth during black friday and cyber Monday. GoDaddy used to have these 1 dollar promos which was a boon at the time.

Name.com and namecheap are really nice. Price was on the slightly higher side then cause I had to pay extra for whois protection.

I've now settled for namesilo for all personal domains and internet.bs for disposable domains. These have the lowest prices and most features. Namecheap and others don't support co.in so have to deal with bigrock for that.

Has anyone got hold of this?

I cant find much reviews on Google either.

Mid-october is about to end in 3days so I thought there must be people who already got it.

you and me are the only ones interested in this lol. my date is still late october even with early access thingy.

TLD Policies | Cloudflare

based on their latest email... they are still not ready with the launch. the domain i wanted to move is already expired so either i lose it or renew in the next couple of days.

Hello,

We want to start by saying thank you!

Tens of thousands of users have signed up for early access to Cloudflare Registrar. We know you’re excited to transfer your domains to a registrar with at-cost, transparent pricing and we want to update you on the waitlist.

Since we made the announcement, we have received one consistent piece of feedback: please support more top-level domains!

We want to help you move as many domains to Cloudflare as possible. To that end, we’re excited to announce that we will launch with support for 246 TLDs, and we aren’t done yet. You can follow our progress here.

Unfortunately, the work to add more TLDs and ensure they each transfer smoothly is taking a bit longer than our initial estimates. We still plan to open access within a month of your original projection in the waitlist. And we will still be making transfers available in order based on wave, starting with Wave 1.

We know some of you have expiration dates in the near future. You can renew your domain and still join Cloudflare Registrar when your wave has access. When you transfer a domain, you bring the time you already purchased to your new registrar. You can change registrars without worrying about scheduling it around your expiration.

Thanks,
The Cloudflare Registrar team

Well Cloudflare will add additional year to existing expiring date. So if you do not want to risk losing the domain then renew it at existing registrar.

all host add one year extra because they cannot charge just for transfering alone.
the domain is not important to me. so i do not really intend to pay twice for it in a short period of time.

the thing that annoys me is that they announced this product before it was ready for launch. and they are even failing to meet their own set deadlines. and they still have no idea when they would be able to make it available to general public. let alone people who paid to get priority access.