lightning strike

• Thread starter Thread starter oldtimer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,747
It's also possibe that your friend might live in an open area. If his house is the only one for a few square hundred feet. If you live in a built up area, chances of this happening are rare, unless you got the penthouse appartment. Airtel are doing cable work in my premises, i intend to ask them how they tackle this.

Originally posted by blr_p@Aug 18 2005, 01:00 PM
It's also possibe that your friend might live in an open area. If his house is the only one for a few square hundred feet. If you live in a built up area, chances of this happening are rare, unless you got the penthouse appartment.

Airtel are doing cable work in my premises, i intend to ask them how they tackle this.
[snapback]21999[/snapback]
[/quote]

noooo he is located in new york city in a built-up area, but yes.. he has got a penthouse apartment.. i'll ask him for full details about his setup and try to post them in here. since he is a icop (internet cop or police).. his system generally stays on and keeps logs 24/7 (except for the very rare moments re: the extreme lightening accompanied thunderstorms).. pupudada

There might be lightning conductors on the roof in that case. That's a big might. Otherwise bldg mgmt does not think it's risk prone.A lot of mobile telecoms companies have their receivers on the tallest of bldgs there. Don't recall them having had any problems.