Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,017
Might need a ont modem 🙄i guess

@anonuser7
Yeah i too heard about that censoring sone sites.
You can use VPN, but if you can get other local providers without it.. It might be good.

How about local isp in your areas?
I have checked over mine they do provide 30 mbps up and down with fup for 1000 if you do get such plans it's good anything above 30 is good without fup. 👍

So they finally accepted my application for a fibre connection and now I find this daily fup ffs
I paid first month rental while submitting the application, is it possible to get the money back? What do you guys suggest, would you prefer a 20 mbps unlimited connection or a 100 mbps connection with 25gb daily fup? Would make for a interesting discussion.

Get it around 30 if you can do that it would fine for 4-5 peopleto stream simultaneously.
Or download a movie at 2 Mbps still have 1 Mbps for streaming.

@anonuser7
How about local isp in your areas?
I have checked over mine they do provide 30 mbps up and down with fup for 1000 if you do get such plans it's good anything above 30 is good without fup. 👍
Local ISP is available with 50mbps unlimited at 2100 but is unusable for gaming(500ms+ spikes), I actually really like BSNL for gaming because it has open NAT, it is stable most of the time and has good pings(they have been getting higher past 2 months, in peak hours add 20ms) but its still better than anything here.

@anonuser7
It depends on the service provide from where the take thier bandwidth and how good the wiring is.. I'm using a local provider with 30mbps the ping I'm getting is around anywhere between 70-180 while playing pubg, haven't tested it out on other pc games since I don't play multiplayer over there.
On speed test it's around 30-50 for servers on india.
And they are using airtel and tata for thier fiber. They are leasing from them.
So if you get service providers with good back end fiber i guess you will be covered 👍

Websites like GSMARENA.com unable to open. I don't know what's wrong with the fiber connection. When I trying to speedtest my fiber connection , its showing LATENCY TEST ERROR . I am checking my speed through ookla. I am unable to open websites like kproxy.com etc. what could be the reason behind it? Do I have to format my PC? Any1 plz help.

It's a problem with BSNL I have faced since the first day, similarly I get disconnected from games but my internet would still be working.

Finally my BSNL FTTH connection is almost up, I had applied sometime in October or so, and two weeks back I got a call from the local cable operator saying that they are ready to give the connection. They have their line going right in front of my house too.

Anyway this week I called them up and told them to process the connection. This LCO has a Rs 1000 installation charge, and the ONT we can purchase it or they will provide.

Since I didn't want the hassle of purchasing an incompatible ONT and delays in delivery etc, I told them to provide the ONT. They said it would be Rs 2500 or so for it. Netlink ONT with Wifi and telephone port.

They completed the wiring yesterday, used hard and really thick outdoor cabling I think. They did the wiring pretty well from their post on the road to the room. The LCO doesn't have their own fibre splicing equipment, so that was done today as its outsourced to some other guy.

The power level seemed little low on the optical meter which showed - 22 dBm.

Then tonight they came with the ONT, they also had the connection information, BSNL appears to be provisioning the user accounts etc and sharing with these guys over WhatsApp. However the connection info didn't work or there is some configuration error, they said they have to go back and make some changes on their OLT. Probably by tomorrow it should be running.

As of now the fibre link seems good, but PPPoE authentication fails. Also, the ONTs web UI shows the power level as some -24 dBM (lesser than the optical power meter reading), so I am a bit worried as the ONT's receive sensitivity is some -27 dBm.

Anyway fingers crossed.