Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,092
@Ameen @vishalrao

1. I already said BSNL should have kept both plans.

2. Daily FUP sucks for people who want to download.

3. 4K content on a daily basis wasn't feasible in the earlier plan either.

4. 1080p consumes 1.5 GB per hour, so 10 hours of streaming per day can be done comfortably. I highly doubt even combined viewing of a family would be 10 hours.

5. In my scenario, even if both plans were available I would have opted for daily FUP plans.
told for 3 or 4 people streaming at 1080p will exhaust it in 4 hrs for sure.
And for your use case scenario even, 10 or 5 mbps connection is more than enough for just streaming for one person.
We take fiber connection to get good speeds for more people and also use of iptv. (not compulsory)
Or else there is no use for fiber connection.

When we have a pc or laptop downloading someone streaming Netflix. And at the same time someone might be streaming on youtube. Someone playing online games (pubg)
We need fiber connection for such a scenario.

Or else we should be happy with adsl. Giving good speeds and restricting the usage... In what way is that justified brother?
I'm not against bsnl.. Its just that thier stand irks me out.

@Ameen @vishalrao

1. I already said BSNL should have kept both plans.

2. Daily FUP sucks for people who want to download.

4. 1080p consumes 1.5 GB per hour, so 10 hours of streaming per day can be done comfortably. I highly doubt even combined viewing of a family would be 10 hours.

5. In my scenario, even if both plans were available I would have opted for daily FUP plans.

And about your 1080p thing... 😅
Please do note that every streaming platform don't use the same codec.. Streaming on youtube might be different from streaming on Amazon or Netflix.. They (yt)
might be using better compression standards
Just check on torrents you can find lot of 1080p in different formats in varying size the same applies here for streaming too.

Agree with different size/s for the same 1080 video. Basically, agree that daily FUP is good for regular streamers and regular businesses where the daily needs are fixed.

For irregular streamers, gamers and businesses (mine included), monthly FUP is preferred and desirable.

Basically, BSNL has already shown the exit for monthly FUP users. When Jio enters, most will jump ship because Jio would price the plans very competitively compared to BSNL.

@Ameen @vishalrao

With happy browsing you could do anything without thinking about any of this, they gave us a new tension by enforcing monthly FUP and it was very bad, you could still download 4k movies or watch a season of 4k series on netflix but was very limited amount of content you could consume compared to before. Now it is unbearable, you can't binge a 4k series or download a 4k movie when you want, right now I am stuck at 28/42gb for Division 2 beta which is playable right now and stuck on shitty 2 mbps for last 2 days. 1080p on Netflix and prime consumes 3gb/hour so you could easily consume that with you watching a few episodes while a family member watches some youtube or a movie. If you are a streamer then how do you download new games? What happens if you get a big host or gain some donation or subscriber momentum? You have to stop streaming because you run out of your daily streaming quota controlled by BSNL.

Is there even anyway to top up 10-20gb? I have to sit and watch while everyone plays Division 2 beta, I have 13gb remaining to download the game.

I asked my operator, and he said I just need a router, so I'm kinda confused although he did take 2k from me as installation charges..