Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,072
Had similar issue on ADSL. The JTO fixed it in about 15 minutes. It is an issue with the exchange. So, contact the exchange. Lineman or LCO can't help.

How things have changed in BSNL since the start of this thread?! Unusual for BSNL for making so many changes.

@pothi @vishalrao
I just got a call from my Jto for the fiber connection. The modem and installation charge might be 4500+ plan charges (777or 1277)
And they are ready to give connection. But he secretly told me it's best not to take bsnl fiber with daily fup. 😂😂
Right then there i said, never going back to bsnl. Especially thier fiber.

@Ameen your location? if jto is talking about daily FUP in this way, then hopefully other decision makers inside BSNL are aware of users being unhappy with daily FUP and they will change it back soon.

@Ameen BSNL should have kept the old plan and introduce this as well. I am not opposed to daily FUP limits, even Jio plans to introduce daily FUP plans but they are offering other plans as well.

Daily FUP makes sense to me for people who are streaming, even if you run out of FUP your speeds get restored the next day instead of waiting for the month to end.

@vishalrao, kerala. Yeah he himself told me literally like, they are digging thier own grave. We all should report it to bsnl twitter that its a dick move to do stupid stuffs like.. Fup for fiber is a dumb thing and its another thing to cap it with daily fup 😂

@Ameen BSNL should have kept the old plan and introduce this as well. I am not opposed to daily FUP limits, even Jio plans to introduce daily FUP plans but they are offering other plans as well.

Daily FUP makes sense to me for people who are streaming, even if you run out of FUP your speeds get restored the next day instead of waiting for the month to end.
Well they should have kept both options then 👍

@pothi @vishalrao
I just got a call from my Jto for the fiber connection. The modem and installation charge might be 4500+ plan charges (777or 1277)
And they are ready to give connection. But he secretly told me it's best not to take bsnl fiber with daily fup. 😂😂
Right then there i said, never going back to bsnl. Especially thier fiber.

I am glad they are bit open about it. I still remember that I recommended someone to go with the installation charges of around 6000 for fiber. BSNL FTTH Fiber Wire Charges | Bharat Fiber Broadband (BSNL FTTH)

I disagree. Daily FUP is even more worse for streamers, especially 4k content. With my 1080p video I can only watch max 3 hours of content per day with my 25 GB per day plan. What if I want to watch 2-3 movies (2 hours each) during weekend then I can't and on weekdays when home connection not used much then the daily FUP goes to total waste. Forget about 4k content users.

In retrospect, BSNL may have been a bit naive to introduce cheap plans (777, 1277) without daily FUP. If you look at Jio 4G, their lowest unlimited plan comes for Rs. 999 and offers a measly 60GB. Going forward, I think all large ISPs will offer cheap plans only with a low daily FUP.

@ vishalroa i too was thinking about posting this comment 👌
@Shubham for example i got the fiber plan 777 needed to download a game steam or torrent. (illegal)
Usally it's starting from 37 gb and moves upwards all the new games.
Tell me how I would not cap the speed first day 18 gb +second day 18gb? So this two days i wont be able to stream, browse or do anything at the normal 50mbps speed, presumably After downloading the file.

Tell me why I shouldn't take a 30mbps unlimited fup from a private LCO.
In what way does the bsnl fiber plan stands better than the private one.?

Now if you are saying its for normal people.. As vishalroa stated, streaming 1080p with 3 or 4 mobiles in one house would do the same. It would easily finish up the so called daily 18gb fup.

In retrospect, BSNL may have been a bit naive to introduce cheap plans (777, 1277) without daily FUP. If you look at Jio 4G, their lowest unlimited plan comes for Rs. 999 and offers a measly 60GB. Going forward, I think all large ISPs will offer cheap plans only with a low daily FUP.

Jio 4g needs to be different from Jio broadband. Dialy fup for 4g seems to be okay but for fiber plans daily fup cannot be justified in anyway

@Ameen @vishalrao

1. I already said BSNL should have kept both plans.

2. Daily FUP sucks for people who want to download.

3. 4K content on a daily basis wasn't feasible in the earlier plan either.

4. 1080p consumes 1.5 GB per hour, so 10 hours of streaming per day can be done comfortably. I highly doubt even combined viewing of a family would be 10 hours.

5. In my scenario, even if both plans were available I would have opted for daily FUP plans.

Or at least give 5Mbps after FUP... 2mbps is ancient even by desi standards.

1080p 50fps streaming outside of Netflix like Sports and other IPTV channels consume a lot more, a full HD 90-minute football match eats about 5 GB or more of data.

Last edited:
4. 1080p consumes 1.5 GB per hour, so 10 hours of streaming per day can be done comfortably. I highly doubt even combined viewing of a family would be 10 hours.

For Amazon prime video it shows that "best" quality video content (1080p) consumes around 6.7 GB per hour.

I am surprised you would prefer the less flexibility of daily FUP instead of monthly FUP where you can download/stream max on any day you prefer and not lose the FUP of other days.

But anyway to each his own.