Need some review of new BSNL Bharat Fiber FTTH Broadband Plans 777 / 1277

• Thread starter Thread starter N_lover27
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 660
  • Views Views 108,068

N_lover27

ISP
Alliance BB, Jio Fiber
Guys anyone who are using new plans deplyed by BSNL "Fibro Combo 777 / 1277" Please post some speed test.. It would help me to decide if im going to get the plans or not..

thanks

Depends on your LCO.

So its better to get reviews from someone you know and have used BSNL FTTH service in your city. I also wanted to get these plans but I couldn't find anyone who have used BSNL FTTH in my city so i am sticking with BSNL Broadband for now.

@Shubham

LCO is only responcible for las mile connectivity the main OLT is situated in BSNL office.. and also i do not know anyne in kolkata who is using it.. thats why i though i would ask here..

thanks for the result.. Upload speed seems low.. bcz i though most of the ftth customers got new symmetric upload speed..

BTW can you share your ONT Modem Picture and model ?

I'm on the 1277 plan. Here is my speedtest result.

nice. I am still waiting to find someone who lives in Dehradun and has FTTH so that I can get a better review of the LCO providing fibre in my area.

I don't care about upload speed much as I don't use torrents. The biggest surprise (in a good way), the uptime and download speeds have been very very consistent. Any technical issue like fiber cut, it takes a few hours to no more a day to fix once complaint is registered on selfcare portal.

The ONT device is Alphion AONT 100C

@thehitman47

The Upload speed is not only valid for torrent . it needed for file upload to Dropbox/drive etc. also some of us uload vids in youtube.. so upload speed kind of imp...

anyways glad that your getting good service by BSNL..

I don't care about upload speed much as I don't use torrents. The biggest surprise (in a good way), the uptime and download speeds have been very very consistent. Any technical issue like fiber cut, it takes a few hours to no more a day to fix once complaint is registered on selfcare portal.

The ONT device is Alphion AONT 100C

@thehitman47 can you test international speeds, like to servers in US, Europe etc and let us know how it is?

google,microsoft,Dropbox,nvidia,ATI wedsite files are using Peering do deliver the file.. So you will get full speed most fo the time.. Best way to test the download speed. using diff Server Like the below im giving.. Try testing it...

mirror.ams1.nl.leaseweb.net | powered by LeaseWeb

TEST file for CentOS download http://mirror.nl.leaseweb.net/centos/7/isos/x86_64/CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-1804.iso

Or using this Speed est site and select Diff server for Testing
SpeedSmart - HTML5 Internet Speed Test

Can you share the download speed using provided links ?

In Speedsmart you can change the Server by clicking the change server Button at the bottom middle...

check location such as Germany / Natherland / US

as you have shared the speed test. That is what is your Max International BW You are getting At the momment..

Although your ping looks good

I am impressed by that results. Kudos BSNL now only if upload was at least 50mbps

^^ I think you will get the symmetric speed on Basic FTTh plans starting Rs3999