How is the installation performed?

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
@volcano619 i believe yes there is Rs. 90 per month "EMI" payment option if you rent modem from BSNL but I guess that will depend on LCO's mind what they want to give you their own modem. Usually there is lack of modems stock (shortage) from BSNL side so LCO provides modem device in one shot cost.

No, there is absolutely no use/need for ADSL modem, these are different "fiber modems" called ONT or ONU (optical network terminal or unit) because the wire is not copper like ADSL but full fiber optic which carries light based signal instead of electric based into the fiber modem ONT/ONU device. This device then converts the signal to ethernet and some have WiFi and also telephone ports.

vishalrao

The Global Village Idiot
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 21, 2005
Pune
I have completed one month on my new BSNL FTTH connection here in Pune with the 1277 plan of 100 mbps and so far (touchwood) no issues with uptime or speed.

nitinmits

Regulars
May 13, 2016

Today my LCO installed his 50mbps connection from his office to my home as i called him to install my 100mbps today but BSNL generated demand note today and it will take around 2 days to activate my connection. I am in electricity board and he is one of my consumer and after creating pressure he laid fiber yesterday and installed his own connection and modem today for 2 days till my connection activates. Also I choose my own number at BSNL exchange before creating demand note