My exprience when shopping at multilinkonline [dot] com via PayUMoney

• Thread starter Thread starter pothi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 3,146
Not yet via email. But, I called "Shabnam Khan" in the aforementioned number a few minutes ago. Asked me to call again in the morning to get in touch with the right person. I will update here how everything goes through. Thanks.

Now, trying to get in touch via multilink's FB page at facebook.com/multilinkindia/ . Their FB page seems to be more active than their online portal (or twitter handle).

Being bit impatient (for a reply via FB), called "Shabnam Khan" who transferred the call to the right person who gave another email (sales2.multilinkindia@gmail.com). I sent all the records (from PayUMoney, etc) that I have / had with me. Within 10 minutes, received an "order notification" email from multilink@multilinkonline.com. Basically, Multilink is going to fulfill the order now and it is being processed.

Also, contacted PayUMoney what to do in case of an unresponsive seller. Here's the reply I received...

Hi Pothi,

Greetings from PayUmoney!!

As informed earlier, the said payment ID 206098906 is successful. We request you to contact the merchant (Multilink Computers Pvt Ltd) regarding the transaction at the below contact details:

Merchant support email - multilinkindia@gmail.com

OR RAISE A CHARGE BACK WITH YOUR CARD ISSUING BANK.

Feel free to get back to us for any other clarification.

Regards,
###
PayUmoney Team

Basically, what they meant to say is that they can't issue chargeback / refund from their end. I believe It is not legally possible. In that case, they could've informed the same in a much better manner than using CAPS. Of course, we shouldn't base our opinion upon an individual employee of an organization. He / she must have had a bad day at office.

Regarding multilink, I still wonder why they haven't replied to my other emails. Even if they don't have to reply, one of them could've forwarded it to the right person within their company (that could've solved the issue in 10 minutes, rather than waiting for days to go through PayUMoney, this forum thread, then @varkey helped, then called "Shabnam Khan", and so on). I used around 6 different email addresses previously. I can't think of all emails going to spam. Because, my email is business email that I use for my business and for finance related things (such as for banks). For friends, newsletters and others, I have a different email address.

Let me update the thread's headline a little bit. It's bit harsh at the moment. I don't see anything out-rightly wrong from mulitlink or payumoney. They just seem to have their own policies (not replying to previous emails is still a mystery, though). As both are big players in India, they could've definitely done a little better.

As I was writing this, I got another email from sales2.multilinkindia@gmail.com mentioning that the material would be dispatched today itself.

I'd like to thank all who joined in this conversation, particularly @varkey . It may not have resolved so quickly without your help here. My bank is bit far away from my home, so I may have had to spend at least a day if I chose to file a chargeback instead.

Last edited:
My bank is bit far away from my home, so I may have had to spend at least a day if I chose to file a chargeback instead.
Don't know about Axis but with citibank and yesbank you need to download chargeback form, fill n sign it and send a scan copy to email address. No need to visit bank. Also most time you get the amount if you got proof as merchant also need to show delivery proof.

Thanks @varkey and @igloo. I have no experience with chargeback at all. That's why, in my original post I mentioned axis bank too. It's nice to know more info about how chargeback works.

Just ordered another Mikrotik hAP ac2. Same price. 4300 +gst +shipping.

Originally, wanted to buy MikroTik hAP mini. But, right after posting about it in this forum, it went out of stock. It was only 1300 +gst. Perfect as a load balancer for home or for a small business.

I'd want to order hAP ac2 before it goes out of stock in multilineonline. Elsewhere, it costs around 9k (for example, in Amazon by the same seller).

Anyway, as with previous order, the payment didn't go through fully. Going to make a call tomorrow.

Made a couple of calls and in return I received a couple of calls. My order is under processing now and it will be dispatched in an hour or so.

So, for those who would buy Mikrotik or any products from Multilinkonline.com, please make a call to any of the numbers listed in their website. Your call would be transferred to the right person or you would know who is incharge of the online sales. So, call the person to get everything fixed. You may have to wait a bit for him / her to confirm the payment with the finance department. You'd get a call back, when everything is okay on their end. I got another call from their finance department asking gst number. Since I am still an individual, I said so.