Asus AC58u Wireless Router giving low speeds

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 13033
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 41
  • Views Views 7,259
It's ok now after I changed dns to my isp of act broadband, primary dns and secondary I used I think 8.8.4.4.

Fiddle with mtu if u have lot of issue with browsing..I compared browsing using Airtel 4g @20mbps and using this router I found both results are good.

since last couple of days getting 95MBps up and down on PC and proper speeds on Wifi network i.e 150MBps, did restart and changed the cable port too, but still getting same speeds on PC. Nothing downloading on PC. I have a gigabit port on the PC, its set on Gigabit duplex.

I asked ACT they are saying no issue from their side !

Login and and Logout from act portal done, no QOS on.

yes done that usually use to solve the issue when ever low speeds, but not this time.

Source
it ran firmware upgrade, since then it wont connect to ISP using normal DHCP method. It works only with Poppe method and I have only reset this thing ? its rather annoying as dont know what is wrong there is some issue going on with ACT too as their speed is currently 10MBps instead of 150MBps.. sny suggestions ? tx current firmware: 3.0.0.4.382_51899

@anant.del no because I had fased this problem in the past can tell YOU its not the problem with ACT
this should fix try it out
First update to latest Firmware
which is
3.0.0.4.382_52134
note: down load it from the Asus web site not the app

after downloading the file
extract it
then there should be A folder with firmware file in it
go to 192.168.1.1
login with username & password
next go to Administration>Firmware Upgrade
then clic choosfile
locate the folder where YOU have the Asus Firmware which is
.trx
file format
clic open then upgrade firmware button
after the upgread is done
power of the router
disconnect the ACT Fibernet cable
hold the WPS button
press the power button on the router to turnit on wile holding
WPS button
hold it until You see power light flashing
then let go the WPS button
weight for the router to boot
next open your web brouser then type 192.168.1.1
connect ACT Fibernet Cable
& go through the quick internet setup
note2:when it asks do your internet service provider requires user name & password say no
this will tell the router to work in automatic IP mode
lately asus did seem to fix wireless problems
so do not fiddle with it unless YOU have problems
thanks

Last edited:
I am assuming you were using WR841N..... Please tell, how were you getting 96mbps on 802.11n?

The best I got was 68.8mbps, that also putting my phone next to router antenna.
Just to mention, 802.11n support 144.4mbps on 40mhz channel width.
I have the same with my BSNL FTTH and my S8+ gets full 100 Mbps and above speed during speed test.
I suggest using 40mhz channel width if the interference is low.

My own exp with Asus router brought prev is not good. Too many addon goodies but lacks on core stuff.
Glad i went with Netgear this time.

Last edited:
i dont know what i did, there was a firmware upgrade few days later after i tweeted to Asus, i haven't really faced any issue with ASUS as such, i find some lag on loading website though on being 300mbps act connection, but i dont know if its just ACT issue or router.. i stopped thinking too much on it now 😛