Stuck with 2 KBps, this may help

• Thread starter Thread starter anand
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 10,890
my guess is that their bandwidth controlling software is absolutely rubbish. for me they have mangled my account with the 128kbps packages. no matter how much i download in a day, my net only works well from 930pm to 9am.

like always, its 9:06pm and i am again cruising as against dragging myself on the internet. its clear, i am going for night only pack next month. no use wasting 500 bucks for real s*cking speeds during the day time.

cant see it in panchkula 😕 they would most likely increase. i am not going to buy a new one today. they cant go worse than what i already have.

I paid Rs. 615 for the 32+ package for this month(my first month with sify). When did it become Rs. 695 😱

...and if you look at their list, they say that the 6 hour limit is only for packages which are starred which are all 64 kbps packages.

They say that they would just reduce your number of valid days for every extra 6 hours that you use. That seems fine. It's a lot better than reducing your bandwidth to a trickle or totally zero without intimation, or a single place where you have mentioned you would do so, which is outrageous and very dictatorial.

It seems that they are being very ambiguous and shady, changing their prices frequently, changing their usage policies frequently, while being non-transparent about it.

I feel as if I am dealing with the wily and cunning village sahukar here 😕

The day this sector is regulated or competition knocks at their doors they will stop all their cunningness.

think they raised the prices today. i got myself a night only pack last night for this fear. not much changei would say. the services still s*ck.

Originally posted by inetbum@Nov 1 2004, 02:58 PM
The day this sector is regulated or competition knocks at their doors they will stop all their cunningness.
[snapback]1378[/snapback]
[/quote]

The mobile industry improved because users did not take these kind of behaviour from the companies. Now we have one of the best network and cheapest services in the world. Same thing can happen to broadband in india. we just need people to be less forgiving.

http://broadbandforum.co/8/sify-...ia/#comment-176

this is the kind of attitude which let companies like sify to prosper.

🙁 I managed to finish the 530 MB download on Sunday but since then I have been consistently getting 2-3 kBps.

Inbetween I haven't downloaded anything from the fear of losing my connection totally.

They never interrupted my 6-7 kBps streak for the entire 4-5 days that I was downloading the 530 MB thing. And towards the end of it they decide to punish me :huh: .

What are they, some Saddam Hussein era Internet Service Provider in Iraq or what :angry: !

There has to be a more user friendly and consistent policy of telling your customers about the limits imposed on them and warning them when they cross the limits.

As of now I am not even totally sure whether the 6 hour/day limit applies to my 32 + shared connection (see this link http://www.sifybroadband.com/master_pricelist.html
which says the 6 hr/day applies on the 64+ packages only).....or the 75 MB/day does. The latter's not even mentioned anywhere!

Why don't they come out clean about what limits are imposed on us and stop "punishing" their customers for breaching those ambiguous limits :angry:

6 hr limit is not there but 75 megs seems to be. for me its all day 2-3 KBps all night 6-7 KBps.

oh no
they have increased the prices

Unlimited Range
* Prices valid till October 31st 2004 < means they r going to revise the prices again, Is this what a new Broadband policy has to offer 🙁

Shared 64 kbps+ * Unltd 1 1200

Shared 48 kbps+ Unltd 1 895

Shared 32 kbps+ Unltd 1 695

Shared 128 kbps # Night Unltd 1 326 360

if they remove the 6hrs limit and 75 megs limit i wont mind paying that much for 64kbps. indicom charges more for worse speeds.

Didn't they use to charge more for the unlimited monthly packages earlier, in the order of Rs. 800 . They didn't have the 32+ package back then, maybe all they had was the 48+ and the 64+ ones.But look at what they are doing. They introduce a new 32+ package at 600 first to get new customers, then slightly increase it to 615, ....and then go on increasing the price till they reach the original price of Rs. 800 🙂 (sarcastic smile )I swear, I haven't seen a more blatantly shameless and unscrupulous company :lol: