• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 24,265

socrates

I got banned!
ISP
Jio Fiber. FTTH
I should be getting Jio fiber installed in a couple of weeks. Can anyone who has Jio fibre running in his house pls tell us how much access do we have to the modem & WiFi route? If yes then, Pls let us know what changes can we make? What is the ip to access the modem settings? Can we change the wifi paswd, SSID, Etc

Last edited:
Where are you from?How you managed to get Jio Fiber?Is it because of registeration done on August 15?Are they also giving JioGigaTV box?

I am from Mumbai , they had installed the conduits under the foothpath, in our area in dec 2014 but there was no activity till a week ago. Registration was not working for me either thru app or website but after complaining to them on twitter they must have rectified it as I could register only after 20 of this month. But they had approached my society before that.

BTW anyone who can give the settings

Yes, you can change everything. You'll get a booklet and help menu with the modem with everything (ip address, username, password). You can literally edit everything.

Yes you can change settings like BSSID and passwords but most other meaningful settings are managed by Jio's backend. For example, trying to change DNS settings on the Jio router is futile as it has no effect on the connection and there are no options to change some advanced settings such as the WiFi channels for 5Ghz (80MHz) or 2.4Ghz (20MHz).

Hi Guys,

I see 2 wifi networks when my phone searches for wireless networks. One is my router name - "JioFiber-XXXXX" and the other "JioFiber-XXXXX_5G"

All this while I was thinking that someone in my building has got another jiofiber and has named his router the same as mine, with a "_5G" at the end, but now I know that it is not so, since I see these 2 networks in my Jio Device Management Portal.

As I understand, the 5G means the 5 Ghz network and the other is 2.5 Ghz. But why should it show as 2 separate networks ?

Well, it is essentially two separate networks, however it doesn't have to be named differently. You can go ahead and change it to the same name and your device will connect to the network which gives the best signal and would automatically switch to the other network when required, say you go out of range of the 5 Ghz network.

Thanks guys.

Does the frequency matter in terms of speed ? I am seeing the same speed on both. Maybe if someone goes for the 1 gbps plan after the commercial launch, the 5g router will be able to provide that speed.

So 5G = high frequency but short coverage/range of wifi
2.5G = low frequency but large coverage/range of wifi

Yep, you can achieve higher speeds on AC on the 5 Ghz band. What speeds are you getting over Wifi?

Also the 5 Ghz band helps in achieving higher speeds for data exchange within the LAN as well.

After hectic cabling work ( upto the bldg) in my colony which is over, all further work seems to have ground to a halt & no one can give any timeline when it will be up & running