Netflix is not working on Excitel Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter a.c
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 69
  • Views Views 10,638

a.c

ISP
Excitel
This started happening from 3pm today. Can someone check their speed on fast.com.
On speed test my connection is giving 50mbps up and down. But on fast.com it's 10 Mbps down and 50up.

Edit: ok this is definitely netflix. For some reason the server which I am getting on fast.com is Seattle, US. I am on the ip range of 202.173.127.xxx

I was using Netflix at around 5 pm and it was working fine. Speeds right now at my end on Fast.com are also fine.

Can u also tell the servers which you are getting at fast.com. I am getting the following.
I am getting Server(s) bom001.ix, bom001.ix | dxb001.ix, dxb001.ix (Mumbai IN, Dubai AE)
Whereas it should have been Server(s) del001.ix, del001.ix | bom001.ix, bom001.ix (Gurgaon IN, Mumbai IN)

EDIT: Seems like a issue with my LCO only. I am getting full 50 down/up in every other website/peering. Only netflix is giving me problems that too only because I can't connect to the Delhi/Gurgaon CDN.

Last edited:
@Sushubh

What speed are you getting on netflix and what cdn does your netflix use.

My netflix speeds are terribly slow and netflix says its useing bharti airtel as the cdn, barely getting 720p while i have paid for ultraHD.

I am on the 103.87.xxx.xxx ip range.

tell me how to check at least lol.

4ldTmBL.png

fast.com seems to be okish. 100mbps plan.

Netflix-Speed-Test.jpg

Your server(s) show open connect while mine show gurgaon,jaipur,mohali
and also my loaded latency is quite a bit more.

can you please test which cdn your connection is using by doing the alt+ctrl+shift+d while playing a netflix stream on chrome.

Yeah I know chrome doesn't show ultrahd but my 4k tv and my firetv stick 4k is also barely hitting 720p.

i am using dnscrypt on my pc though. but that should basically result in crappier experience for me compared to you.

as i thought my connection is using the bharti airtel cdn which is causing the low quality stream while yours is using the akamai peering cdn.

Any idea how would one fix this?
Already lodged a complaint on myexcitel