HDFC Bank is charging as much as Rs. 600 per month for non maintenance of minimum balance

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,322
Thats why i never give account closure request.
And make sure not a signle money is dep or transferred from anywhere & just withdraw all amount to last paisa.
Also best way to close hdfc account is fill the printout of acc closure form and put it in Dropbox. They are bound to accept it.

I have a very simple solution for maintaining Monthly Average Balance for my HDFC account.

I have prepared Excel sheet in which I enter daily balance for that day. (although I don't do it daily, I enter amount weekly or in 10 days). I have table created with "date - Amount". Then applied formula to get total of amount for all days, and in another cell have Average formula for "Total amount / number of days" in that month. This Average should never go below 10000 at end of month. If it is below 10000, I deposit amount needed to bring Average above 10000 🙂

Though best option I found out is deposit large amount in beginning of month, so by end of month even if Account balance reaches 1000~2000, still my MAB remains above 10000.

yes bank has a section where they show the value on the current day for that quarter. i assume other banks show it as well?

My yes bank account is zero balance for setting up ecs for yes bank cc bills.

haww. my yes bank card is also set to autopay but they did not turn my account to zero balance 😡

coz i got cc first and saving bank was given as zero bal offer on cc.

@Sushubh you can download acc closure form for trading and dmat from icici website and courier it to their mumbai office. Its much easier than trying to get bank acc closed.

Just email icici and they will send you form links and address of office.

I never wanted their dmat and trading acc but they opened it anyway and charged me some money for it too. Thankfully getting it closed was easy though bank acc closure is not easy.