BSNL 1099 : How to convince BSNL CC to register my complaint for low speeds in 3G network?

Are you facing speed restrictions in BSNL 1099Rs. plan?

• Yes, But resolved after complaint

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bsnl Super User

Lost in Books
ISP
BSNL
I am using BSNL 1099Rs. In which I was using around 30GB data daily by just using streaming services all at maxed out resolution. But suddenly from last 7 days my speeds got unreasonably slow, It dipped from 12-14Mbps to 0.1-0.5Mbps, although upload speed remained around 4mbps. So, Now I can hardly use internet or any streaming services, my daily consumption dipped to 1.5-2GB per day. So, I tried complaining to BSNL about it but they are saying you are getting proper services, You had used a huge amount of data 2GB ( Yay, for BSNL CC that is huge), "So our services are proper and we can't register your complaint" in a rude way is their response. I tried my luck 5 times but the same problem, BSNL office people aren't bothered about the problem as they ask me to write the complaint in their register and nothing happens after that. Twitter guys of BSNL redirects me to BSNL CC and again the same response. It's hardly been 12 days since I renewed my BSNL 1099Rs. plans. What can I do about it now any suggestion to get my complaint registered?

Bro ..how are you getting so much speeds i mean 12-14mbps in bsnl 3g.. i usually get only 2-4 mbps... Speeds are pathetic.
Btw whats your location... I have heard that south users generally get good speeds in bsnl.. r u from south india ?

@invisible007
Naah MPCG circle. I use Huawei e8231 Dongle placed in the terrace ( LOS with BSNL tower ) plugged to TP-Link USB router, signal of which gets repeated via 3 Tenda repeaters.
Speed indoor via Mobile - 6-8Mbps
Speed in the terrace - 12-14 Mbps
Speed presently - 0.2-0.5 Mbps 🙁
Looks like good days are over.
This is my usage graph of roughly 90 Days on BSNL 3G 1099Rs Plan.
38882942_1862142360759678_8394033157875171328_o.jpg

Try your sim at a different tower/ location..... And try a new/ other sim at your location...

@invisible007
Naah MPCG circle. I use Huawei e8231 Dongle placed in the terrace ( LOS with BSNL tower ) plugged to TP-Link USB router, signal of which gets repeated via 3 Tenda repeaters.
Speed indoor via Mobile - 6-8Mbps
Speed in the terrace - 12-14 Mbps
Speed presently - 0.2-0.5 Mbps 🙁
Looks like good days are over.
This is my usage graph of roughly 90 Days on BSNL 3G 1099Rs Plan.
38882942_1862142360759678_8394033157875171328_o.jpg
go to some other nearby location , then check speeds there ... where u get latched on other bsnl tower , then check the speed..
if speed is not improved , then its clear they have capped ur speed due to heavy usage...
btw iam still guessing how can u use 30gb data daily , iam curious about ur online work ..

@Bsnl Super User just activated a small 3g plan and checked my bsnl 3g speed and it is amazing 😀 .... i stopped using bsnl 3g in January month bcoz speeds were too low...
Iam a bsnl addict , used 1099 plan when it was launched ,used it for 4-5 months, at that tym i got 8-9 mbps speed , but speed gradually started decreasing every month so 1099 was a waste of money , later on started using 444 plan , and month after month speed decreased to 2-3 mbps , so left it. 😏

and now today after many days i saw the same speed , and felt very happy .. 🙂

rtrtrt.jpg

Last edited:
@invisible007 Wow, Nice to hear that but beware of BSNL nowadays they are putting FUP on U/L plan I guess. Better to get 444- 6GB/day plan or 555-5GB/day 90 days plan.
I use it for surveillance ( 3G remote viewing). ( Consumes around 1.2MB/s easliy for 3-4 Hours daily)
Other than that, Netflix and Amazon Prime video on auto mode consumes around 5GB/hour easily. Also, I use it to watch live matches mostly cricket and football on Hotstar or sonyliv. I also have a smart box which plays all TV channels for free via the internet (Consumes around 600KB/s). I also use lynda, skillshare, udemy, edx alot. Add to that a bit of torrenting ( Don't ask me what I download 🙂 ).

@ijsa I tried with other sim, Same problem. Speed's are very low. What could be the problem? Did they suddenly implement, fup of max speed for each user ? but in that case also during night speed goes up a bit after 12PM or it might be some tower issue but I am getting full signal around -58dbm all the time.

@ijsa I tried with other sim, Same problem. Speed's are very low. What could be the problem? Did they suddenly implement, fup of max speed for each user ? but in that case also during night speed goes up a bit after 12PM or it might be some tower issue but I am getting full signal around -58dbm all the time.

its 2019 and I am facing exactly similar problem.
Been using this 1098/- plan for 4-5 months. It worked like a charm for all this time.
I used to get 12-14Mbps all the time. Makes 4K life easier.

But now.
I barely get 0.5 Mbps. Nothing changed as far as my location and device is concerned.
Yes, speeds improve marginally right after 12 am till 6-7 am but then again moves to that dreadful slow 0.5Mbps.

I tried tweeting about it. Got 3 calls from BSNL office but no resolution as such.

CC calls never connects. Always get the same error "sorry the network is congested".

Feeling slightly irritated.

What did you do during your time. Did it ever solved for you?

I think BSNL's network has slowed down after secondary sim users moved to BSNL. When I faced speed issues, I made a complaint at the local exchange and things were back to normal. But this was around 3 years ago, not sure what's the situation now.

@engineersnitkog Try checking the speed at the same location from another connection/device on BSNL. In the past I've had situations where they limit the speed of a connection if they find you consuming a lot of bandwidth (this was several years back maybe in 2011/2012). I was throttled to 256kbps or so, but if I try from another BSNL sim I used to get the full speed.

If that's the case the easiest option would be just get a new connection.

@varkey They offer various data plans for ex 448/- comes with 3.21 + (2.21 GB extra per day). This amounts to well over 150 Gigs every month. Where as I opted for 1098/- where I do not have to worry about these pesky limits. Fortunately enough there exists a plan with no such FUP in BSNL. I went around 150 Gigs last month. 4K is definitely a bandwidth hogger.

Putting a throttle limit on a specific number even after with UNLIMITED DATA WITH NO SPEED RESTRICTION plan.
Can they even do that? And if they can, how can I confirm this? ( not through speed test results )

Getting another sim wouldn't be ideal as the present number is circulated all over the place. Porting to another carrier could be an option but at present BSNL suits me.

its 2019 and I am facing exactly similar problem.
Been using this 1098/- plan for 4-5 months. It worked like a charm for all this time.
I used to get 12-14Mbps all the time. Makes 4K life easier.

But now.
I barely get 0.5 Mbps. Nothing changed as far as my location and device is concerned.
Yes, speeds improve marginally right after 12 am till 6-7 am but then again moves to that dreadful slow 0.5Mbps.

I tried tweeting about it. Got 3 calls from BSNL office but no resolution as such.

CC calls never connects. Always get the same error "sorry the network is congested".

Feeling slightly irritated.

What did you do during your time. Did it ever solved for you?

Same problem here. First 50 days got consistent speeds upto 8Mbps, now it doesn't move beyond 0.5-1 Mbps in my area. Customer care says 0.5-1 Mbps is far more than enough. It takes 20 seconds to Load a webpage and youtube buffers at 144p. CC simply doesn't understand or he doesn't use BSNL SIM even being a BSNL Employee. They don't even upgrade to 4G asap. Major setbacks every time a new tender is crafted.