Hathway New router stuck on 72.2mbps link speed? Please help!

• Thread starter Thread starter webie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 16,496
^ Perhaps its just a limitation of the device itself and you may not be able to achieve it over wireless with that device. I have a D-Link 825ACG1 router and over the 2.4 Ghz wireless N, I get about 80 Mbps or so and over 5 Ghz wireless AC about 250 Mbps plus.

Other options you can try are, changing the wireless channels, see if you can make it different from your Netgear device and choose one which works best for you. (as you said you keep both devices online as backup)

Also on your Netgear WNR614 device, what is the actual speed you get, I mean if you do a speedtest?

In netgear I get about 87mbps actual internet speeds and as it's a shared line to rate is about 9mb/s.

Further, if higher link speed are possible with Netgear Router and not with the Hathway's. Then I suggest, you buy Another netgear router and follow the instructions to bridge it with your Hathway Modem.
yeah that is what I am considering as a last resort to buy a new router, i am still positive that it cna be done via settings.

in your first post you have mentioned your router is Genexis Platinum-4410 which is not a AC router as per the specs sheet.

still try to contact router company about your issue may be a firmware update could fix your issue or a hard reset.

if nothing works buy a new router

Yeah trying here. My router is platinum 4410 but they have been revisions of the same model and i am nt sure which one is mine, i have checked all docs, the router looks same but not sure what's inside it. This is my router.
3JRGvja.png

via wifi, just laptop and phone. so 2 devices however ps4 and mitv 43" are connected to the FE and GBE port.