Hathway New router stuck on 72.2mbps link speed? Please help!

varkey

Regulars
Jun 11, 2006
From the below spec sheet, looks like its a very basic router with gigabit ethernet, also the 4410 doesn't even seem to have a SFP port, so you could simply replace that router with a good router with gigabit and wireless AC.

Source

webie

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
From the below spec sheet, looks like its a very basic router with gigabit ethernet, also the 4410 doesn't even seem to have a SFP port, so you could simply replace that router with a good router with gigabit and wireless AC.

Source
That's not my router. Mine is fibre compatible modem router with 2 antennas. This is my router : Source
, I mean it looks exactly like that and genexis isn't a famous company so exact model no thye may have discontinued or gave a new revision to it/ but my router looks exactly like that.

There are very good suggestions here but none that would work for me. @Smh's suggestion saying to connect my netgear to hathway's will work but there's no point doing that, as netgear has excitel connection of 100mbps. I keep 2 broadband connection one or the other as a backup. and I have netgear router and hathway's modem router.

@mayank yadav suggestion is brilliant as when 72.2mbps problem happened to my netgear router, 3 months ago, All i did for cange MHz to 40 and change the passcode security to wpa2aes and it gave me 150mbps link speed. but that same i tried with hathway's router, it didn't work.

@cipher90 I don't have many wifi connection near me anyways, and 150mbps is very much achievable in 2.4 i would say as it works fine in netgear router. I am sure all I need to do is to alter some settings on the genexis router and that'd be it. I wish someone do it for me remote or atleast give it a try. I am trying to get in touch with genexixs support, sent them a ticket but I hardly think they will help as i am hathway's customer not their's and hathway doesn't know shit.

@Rehan Kumar I think you might be right here a smy netgear one is 150 and 300mbps 2 stream router so it is able to give me 150mbps link speed. but this genexis router/modem there isn't much documentation available for it online really. The one I found that I have linked above, i am not sure if that's my router/modem, as it looks exactly the same however i am skeptical if that is the exact model number i have. I think mine is not 300 but I have no way of confirming that.

@Adidam I don't want to transfer files, that was just an example. Why I want 150mbps is , when it is 72.2 mbps , my internet speeds reach about 48mbps, so I am guessing when link speeds goes to 150mbps, it will be atlast near about 80-90mbps as my plan with hathway is of 150mbps anyways. Also, my netgear router is this one : https://www.amazon.in/Netgear-WNR614-Wi-Fi-Router-White/dp/B00M0ODVM8 and I am sure it's not AC router right, still it gives me 150mbps link speeds.

varkey

Regulars
Jun 11, 2006
^ Perhaps its just a limitation of the device itself and you may not be able to achieve it over wireless with that device. I have a D-Link 825ACG1 router and over the 2.4 Ghz wireless N, I get about 80 Mbps or so and over 5 Ghz wireless AC about 250 Mbps plus.

Other options you can try are, changing the wireless channels, see if you can make it different from your Netgear device and choose one which works best for you. (as you said you keep both devices online as backup)

Also on your Netgear WNR614 device, what is the actual speed you get, I mean if you do a speedtest?

cipher90

Jul 26, 2018
Further, if higher link speeds are possible with Netgear Router and not with the Hathway's. Then I suggest, you buy Another netgear router and follow the instructions to bridge it with your Hathway Modem.

Last edited:

webie

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
^ Perhaps its just a limitation of the device itself and you may not be able to achieve it over wireless with that device. I have a D-Link 825ACG1 router and over the 2.4 Ghz wireless N, I get about 80 Mbps or so and over 5 Ghz wireless AC about 250 Mbps plus.

Other options you can try are, changing the wireless channels, see if you can make it different from your Netgear device and choose one which works best for you. (as you said you keep both devices online as backup)

Also on your Netgear WNR614 device, what is the actual speed you get, I mean if you do a speedtest?
In netgear I get about 87mbps actual internet speeds and as it's a shared line to rate is about 9mb/s.

webie

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
Further, if higher link speed are possible with Netgear Router and not with the Hathway's. Then I suggest, you buy Another netgear router and follow the instructions to bridge it with your Hathway Modem.
yeah that is what I am considering as a last resort to buy a new router, i am still positive that it cna be done via settings.

Smh

Regulars
Nov 7, 2016
in your first post you have mentioned your router is Genexis Platinum-4410 which is not a AC router as per the specs sheet.

still try to contact router company about your issue may be a firmware update could fix your issue or a hard reset.

if nothing works buy a new router

webie

[OP]
Regulars
Aug 21, 2015
Yeah trying here. My router is platinum 4410 but they have been revisions of the same model and i am nt sure which one is mine, i have checked all docs, the router looks same but not sure what's inside it. This is my router.