Hathway High Ping Issue, Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 19,862
It's more than 1 month now and there is no solution yet. They haven't fixed the issue. I have made multiple support tickets but they are not fixing it.

I am having the same issue with high ping. I live at Thane and the servers in Thane show really high ping like 160-170ms. I get the same high ping on online games i play like CSGO. This is happening past 2 months. It has happened before but got fixed automatically but not this time though. I have already tried every method possible i had to solve this but i just couldnt. Getting alot of hops on traceroute. Please help.

Didnt add that previously i used to get 10ms on every mumbai server

@RSV I'm facing the same issues. I used to get 10ms to my nearest servers and now it's 100 or so.

They aren't fixing the issue and it's happening for me since last 1-2 months.

Bro I'm getting 120ms ping on India west servers please help! Somedays I get 11ms and sometimes it shoots up again to 120ms

Hathway so far have been the most unreliable ISP for gaming. Sometimes it's either packet loss and now it's the high ping issue. Just when I thought I started getting 10ms in BOM servers everything's fixed and lo and behold Hathway have become trash yet again. Thanks to Hathway for making me de-rank again and again.

Last edited:
Looks like congestion to me for traffic which is destined outside their network. As others have posted, speedtests and latency within Hathway network is good, but once it leaves Hathway its getting worse.

Perhaps they are over subscribed and do not have enough external bandwidth so it gets throttled.

Last edited:
@varkey Yes, It doesn't happen for the internal hathway servers most of the time but happens for the any other server which aren't hathway's.

I only get 5 mbps speed instead of 50 mbps.

It's more than 1-2 months now and they haven't fixed it. What do you think I can do?

@kevinjoseph Getting 10ms on bombay and 35ms on chennai servers in sostronk and community servers in CSGO whereas MatchMaking gives me anywhere from 70-170 ping and sometimes singapore server has less ping as compared to bombay on mm. So long since the issue started 🙁

Last edited:
I would just ditch Hathway and switch to another operator if there are alternatives.

It was fine before. it's showing problem from last 2 months only. I wish I could do that because the other option I have is Airtel which has very limited bandwidth and poor service (V-Fiber which has internet dis-connectivity) and max. speed is 16mbps.

I don't know what is wrong with the companies. I wish Jio comes to my area.

What ISP do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Adidam just saw a post on CSGO INDIA FB GROUP where a guy told that hathway ping issues got fixed because he replaced the router.. Dont know how true is this though