Hathway High Ping Issue, Please Help

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 63558
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 53
  • Views Views 19,832
D

Deleted member 63558

Hello, Since yesterday I am facing high ping issue on the Hathway.

Hathway to Hathway in speedtest is fine but hathway to other speedtest host such as Vodafone, Airtel, Excitel, ACT Fiber and others are having very high ping.

When I connect to any game, I am seeing high ping there too.

If I use Airtel as my ISP (I have it for backup), Ping is coming fine everywhere in other speedtest and games.

How do I fix it?

I have restarted modem and routers multiple times.

Thanks.

@Mr_mime what about you?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has happened in last 2-3 days then try waiting because it might be because of rain.
I don't play online nowadays, you give me ip to servers and i will ping it.

Hi @Mr_mime

You can check this issue simply by visiting Speedtest.net and check your ping and speeds to these servers:

> Hathway
> Airtel
> Vodafone
> Excitel
> ACT
> Den
> Others

Your Hathway Result would be fine. But your results for other ISP would be real bad like in terms of speed and ping both.

I am getting best ping and speed on Hathway (selection on speedtest) but for any other ISP, it is having very bad ping and only 20 mbps or less speed. My plan is 50 mbps though.

One thing more, It is happening in evening - early morning mostly. It doesn't happen in morning or noon.

So if you could check the speedtest in the noon and night both and see yourself?

I'm on mobile and using their shitty router, servers of DEN, tripleplay is giving me +40mbps and +50ms latency.
If i was using lan on pc then it would have given me 50mbps and whatever latency we usually get.
Maybe your area has more users and it is getting congested.

I'm on mobile and using their shitty router, servers of DEN, tripleplay is giving me +40mbps and +50ms latency.
If i was using lan on pc then it would have given me 50mbps and whatever latency we usually get.
Maybe your area has more users and it is getting congested.

Could you please speedtest to all the Delhi Servers (Airtel, Vodafone, Excitel, Hathway, ACT, Den etc) and let me know what ping you get on each server?

A detailed answer would help me.

spectra 50mb 13ms
airtel 49ms 15ms
excitel 22mb 160ms
mnr internet 47ms 14ms
act 49mb 13ms

all servers are nearby from my place and only excitel is giving +160ms on every test.

Okay Thanks. Right now my Ping are fine too except for Excitel but for the particular applications and games which has server in Singapore and Mumbai are showing ping almost double of the normal ping I used to get.

I used to get 80ms and it's giving 150 right now.

This problem starts in the evening and stays until 5AM or so and it is happening since last 3-5 days daily.

@Mr_mime Could you check the speedtests now and post the results?
Airtel
Excitel
DEN
ACT
Hathway (Yes, Hathway to Hathway also)

Thanks.

@Mr_mime You should check again. It shouldn't be usual.

It should be 60+ ms for every server.

Or if you could post screenshots?